Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott plasma water bottle leaks : buy a new one or go with xlab compact ?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I own a Scott plasma 5, and the front aero bottle leaks where it attaches to the bike.
The part that slides in and out of the metal rail is pierced from both sides, and to be honnest I don't understand what went through the engineers head to design it like this.
I could buy a new one, but It's close to 100$ (ridiculous), and considering the way it is designed is will eventualy be destroyed again.
What should I do ? three options in my opinion :

1. Buy a new one for 100$ every year or so
2. leave it on the bike, dont use it and add something like a torpedo compact between the aerobars
3. Trash it and buy a torpedo compact

Thank you all for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Scott plasma water bottle leaks : buy a new one or go with xlab compact ? [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had a problem with mine and I've had it for 3 years. Maybe you got a defective one?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott plasma water bottle leaks : buy a new one or go with xlab compact ? [strangename] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering what you might payed for the bike, Take this hundred out of you pocket and move on!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott plasma water bottle leaks : buy a new one or go with xlab compact ? [GS1977] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well mine might have been deffective is yours is still working after 3 years...I'll buy a new one and hope it works better.

I didn't pay that much for the bike, 2400$ total (used, sram red 11S, no wheels) so 100$ is quite a lot compared to the total price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see, good luck! Cheers
Quote Reply