Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott RCO/DA bar-end shifter incompatibility?
Quote | Reply
My new bar-end shifters don't seem to fit into the ends of my Scott RCO bars. They look very similar to the new Syntace C2 bars, with the double-curved thumb-extension design, but the curve at the tip seems to severe to allow the shifters to slide all the way in. Any experiences/ideas/suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott RCO/DA bar-end shifter incompatibility? [jabroz01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I built a bike up for my sister-in-law using this setup. The only way to do it was to cut the top portion off the bars (down below the curve). This creates a shorter bar, but it was fine with her since we used medium bars and there was plenty of length. If I recall correctly, Dan used to cut down all of the Syntace aerobars used on the early Kilos, so I don't think that there is any safety issue involved in cutting the tubing at this location. If the bars fit in their current state, then this obviously won't be a solution - although you could use down tube shifters mounted on the bridge (I think that Flite Control made a unit similar to Profile Design's Swift Shift that worked with Scott bars or maybe the Swift Shift mount will even work).

Good luck!

http://www.bytowntriathlon.com
Quote Reply