Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma Cable Routing
Quote | Reply
So I'm finally getting around to building up my Scott Plasma and I can't figure out the internal cable routing. Does someone have a picture of the underside of their plasma? I'm assuming that you put a ferrule on the cable and feed it down into the frame, but I'm just checking to make sure that's not a big mistake. Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Cable Routing [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know the exact process but be careful with routing those things! The tech that swapped out my aerobars managed to push one of the gromets down into my frame, where it now bounces around like an kernal of corn waiting to be popped. Drives me crazy! I wouldn't suggest doing that.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Cable Routing [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are stops that hold the cable end right where you put it into the frame at the top and the bare cable runs out the bottom. Hope this makes sense.

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Cable Routing [RACERX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racerx has it right, there are little shelves just inside the downtube, they are recessed enough that the cable end/ferrule is almost completely hidden from view.
Its a mildly fiddly operation getting them [the cables] to sit in place, but once there is a little tension on the cable (pulling by hand is enough) they sit there quite happily.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply