Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice!
Quote | Reply
Finally found dimensions on a German forum. LONG AND LOW!

For comparison, my 58cm P5 with 100mm long flat stem, low-stack basebar that adds 10mm pad reach, 5mm pads, and cups that can be slammed forward, I'm at 612mm pad stack and 567mm reach to mid-pad. A 58 cm P4 with this cockpit would get to 617/584. Meanwhile the Plasma 6 can get 590/595. That's 27mm lower and 10mm longer than a P4 with such a stretched and slammed cockpit. Wow.

120mm stack range and 138mm reach range (including the angled stack). That's crazy.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most interesting bit is actually the Radstand in your size...
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed it's a bit longer than the P5. Should I take that to mean it's more stable in the straights? There are many dimensions that I don't understand the impact of
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, a lot more stable. It is going to be by far the best bike for tall riders in long/low positions.
They have been very clever, but details will have to wait for the official release.
At this stage if I were to buy a disc brake superbike it would be this

(note that I'd need to be back racing for that to happen so my bank acc not feeling too threatened just yet)
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the most desirable disc bike to me, too. Looking forward to the details. Really hoping there will be some sort of aero data, since they are implying it is faster than the Plasma 5. I like this bike a lot but not if it is significantly slower than a P5-6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saddens me that I'll no longer have to dremmel special bits to add reach to my beloved P5. P4 hasn't been an issue yet.

That said, with my Extra Low mount I've been *extra fast* on my P5.

E

cyclenutnz wrote:
Yes, a lot more stable. It is going to be by far the best bike for tall riders in long/low positions.
They have been very clever, but details will have to wait for the official release.
At this stage if I were to buy a disc brake superbike it would be this

(note that I'd need to be back racing for that to happen so my bank acc not feeling too threatened just yet)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the range that I'm most pleased with, you fitters must be really impressed. I'm officially classified as an Alien by Dan, yet I can get my pad x/y on two different sizes, with all OEM parts and room to adjust +/- in both dimensions. That's never happened before.

Shame for me I find the elongated top tube as fugly as sin! But the adjustability is almost sexy enough to make up for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always wanted a Plasma. Couldn’t get it low enough by a LOT, so I pulled the trigger on a Felt IA16 a month and a half ago. Wish I had waited! 52 would be perfect for me.
Last edited by: jeremyebrock: Nov 19, 19 23:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they are not making the 61 size bike anymore?
They were one of the only companies with a 61 sized super bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the amount of reach and stack adjust, why is a 61cm frame necessary? The wheelbase of the 58cm Scott is longer than the 61cm P5-6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
With the amount of reach and stack adjust, why is a 61cm frame necessary? The wheelbase of the 58cm Scott is longer than the 61cm P5-6

I have a pad stack of 714, if i read the picture correctly it only goes to 710 or am I misunderstanding something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4mm is splitting hairs, dont you think? Granted, 714 is extreme and I dont know whether other 61cm bikes can reach that with stock parts. Which 61cm super bikes can? You can get CeeGee pads to make up that difference or put a 5mm spacer under the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
4mm is splitting hairs, dont you think? Granted, 714 is extreme and I dont know whether other 61cm bikes can reach that with stock parts. Which 61cm super bikes can? You can get CeeGee pads to make up that difference or put a 5mm spacer under the stem.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...arge_or_XL_P6843688/

Does the old one not go up to 765 inXL?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it does, by limiting the low-end. The 5 is one of the tallest bikes out there with too little reach. 695 is as low as an XL will go with the tri stem and max out at 525 reach. I have a spreadsheet with 30 bikes in size 56-61/L-XL and the Plasma 5 is 29th in terms of reach, only 1mm longer than a BMC in size L. Seems the Plasma 5 was made for people who want to be in the pads while sitting straight up. Glad they went 180 on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:
I always wanted a Plasma. Couldn’t get it low enough by a LOT, so I pulled the trigger on a Felt IA16 a month and a half ago. Wish I had waited! 52 would be perfect for me.

Isn't MSRP on this new Plasma supposed to be something like 15k US? Thats a far cry from an IA16!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:

why would you get another narrow/tall bike if you couldn't get low enough?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

I have a pad stack of 714, if i read the picture correctly it only goes to 710 or am I misunderstanding something?

this is a red flag...

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 6 - Dimensions LONG/LOW - Rejoice! [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can get low enough on a 51 with the 110 dagger stem and bayonet 3 bars with undermount. But I would have rather had a “stock” configuration
Quote Reply