Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scosche 24 and calorie differences over different garmin units
Quote | Reply
Just picked up the 24. Rode a few hours yesterday and the Edge 520 reported calories that seemed more or less accurate. Ran for a half hour and the 920 clocked 60 calories. Today, 200 calories for a 14 mile run. It’s recording heart rate accurately. Some setting on the 920 I’m missing??

To add I used the prior scosche rhythm until now and it recorded calories appropriately
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jun 17, 18 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche 24 and calorie issues over different garmin units [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max HR setting? HR zones.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Jun 17, 18 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche 24 and calorie issues over different garmin units [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, doesn’t seem to be those settings. I should add that I’ve been using the prior scosche rhythm and it was accurate. It’s the new unit. Not a huge deal but still
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche 24 and calorie differences over different garmin units [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The firmware is somehow jacked up that screws up the calorie calc. It also jacks up the Performance Consition, Recovery Advisor, and Training Effect on Garmins. There is a huge thread on DCR’s site.
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche 24 and calorie differences over different garmin units [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ok I’ll go check it out. I also had an issue with the shutdown that was discussed on their amazon reviews. Seems it wasn’t quite ready?

So long as it lasts an IM I’m happy and I’m eating everything I want anyway, so calories are irrelevant :)
Quote Reply