Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scicon AeroComfort Triathlon 2.0, what kind of car for this
Quote | Reply
I have an Aerotech Triathlon 2.0 bag... never used it yet but getting ready to book some IMs for next year and will be booking some rental cars.. What kind of car do I need to fit this bag with the bike? Will a full size sedan like a camry work (has large trunk) or do I need an SUV?
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon AeroComfort Triathlon 2.0, what kind of car for this [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as long as the backseats fold down it can fit even in the small one... I managed to fit two of those into something as small as KIA picanto
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon AeroComfort Triathlon 2.0, what kind of car for this [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You fit two bags with two bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon AeroComfort Triathlon 2.0, what kind of car for this [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep ... both lying down; and front seats had not much leg room left ... one bike 54 frame one 51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Scicon hard case and I usually rent a mini van to be safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to usually get like a mini sub like a rav4 when traveling. usually you can get them for cheap if you find a good deal.
but smaller cars should be fine too. I have sedan and can fit one bag with no problem with back seats folded down.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went to Whistler Ironman last July with three kids and wife. I brought the Scicon Aerotech Tri bag, plus two large luggages, and five backpacks. I was able to fit all of that in a minivan, with one seat of the third row folded. Wife and I in the first row, daughter and son in second row, daughter in last row.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon AeroComfort Triathlon 2.0, what kind of car for this [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
I like to usually get like a mini sub like a rav4 when traveling. usually you can get them for cheap if you find a good deal.
but smaller cars should be fine too. I have sedan and can fit one bag with no problem with back seats folded down.

Do you think I can fit 1 suitcase, 2 carryons and the AeroComfort Tri bag, with 3 adults in a rav4?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to with one seat down

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, that just does not sound like enough room. I have the Aerocomfort 2 tri case and it's just a bit bulky. What I did before the Tremblant 70.3 last year, and would suggest to you, is go down to a dealer and see if the bag fits in the type of rental you are getting. The local dealer was very cool about it. It convinced me to go with a minivan. It's more the hatch opening and car width than anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minivan, Stow & Go Seats

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easily...i have both the SciCon and a RAV4 and you can put the bag in upright (depending on the seat height). At worst, you fold down one half of the rear seats and you will have loads of space.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply