Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scattante R-853...
Quote | Reply
http://www.supergo.com/...mp;company=Scattante

This is the link to the biek. So the question is - is Scattante the Supergo equivalent to Target's generic prescription pills...exact same thing as the expensive pills, just not the name...or the price?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Scattante R-853... [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah,
it's Supergo's store brand. They're everywhere in, and around, Pasadena. I talked to a few people on rides who own a Scattante. Most will tell you they bought it as a beater to save the (De Rosa, Colnago, Basso, ...) for race day, but once they set it up right, they can't tell the difference, apart for a few ounces.

Then, other people knock them because they're made in (China, Taiwan, Venus ...) They are the same people who'll then tell me my Roo (Tequilo) is an awesome bike. Whatever.

I looked at them a lot at the store. Look nice, and they certainly are priced right. Would be a better alternative to a used "brand name" bike of uncertain history (eBay style), I think.

Dre'
Quote Reply
Re: Scattante R-853... [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry everyone, but I wanted to bump just once for more feedback. Thanks for the patience.
Quote Reply
Re: Scattante R-853... [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the market for a cheapish bike, so I went to Supergo to see 'em in person. Well, they don't look terrible, but you do get what you pay for. The value is high, but the quality is low. They probably ride fine, but they seem rather heavy, and the paint job was definitely second rate. If you can overlook that stuff, it's probably a good deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Scattante R-853... [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has a scattante. The paint job doesn't seem as crisp and shiny after cleaning vs when she got it. On the other side my wife rode a colnago before the scattante. She liked the scattante much much better. The colnago was sold and she is a happy cyclist.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply