Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scam...
Quote | Reply
how funny is that one...the guy needs my Xtreme urgently...does he even know what they are??
LOL

"HELLO,
I am Dr F.A. .I'm based in australia(but always travelling for
business calls).I buy cars,Equipment,Machine,Kits.I am interested in
buying your (Xtreme) which i urgently need personally .And i will like to
know the price quotation of it.Inrespect of the shipping i have a
reputable international shipper who takes care of my shipping and clearing
good's on my behalf.I hope good's is still at hand.I am around now and
probably be for a long time for my wife is having our first baby(very
happy).Contact me back as soon as possible the good's is still
available.Thanks.
Dr F.A"
Quote Reply
Re: Scam... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's interesting because he "urgently needs personally" my cx bike as well. i'll truncate the name like you did even though it has to be fake.

HELLO,
I am Dr F A.I'm based in australia(but always travelling for business calls).I buy cars,Equipment,Machine,Kits.I am interested in buying your (KHS cyclocross bike XL) which i urgently need personally .And i will like to know the price quotation of it.Inrespect of the shipping i have a reputable international shipper who takes care of my shipping and clearing good's on my behalf.I hope good's is still at hand.I am around now and probably be for a long time for my wife is having our first baby(very happy).Contact me back as soon as possible the good's is still available.Thanks.
Dr F A......

-and this one which asks for pics and price despite them being in the ad and in his own message. i replied back and said for him, i could go down to $8,000:

Hello,
I saw your advert on the web and i decided to meet you about the purchase of your KHS CX100 cyclocross bike $800and i will like to knoe the last price forsale as well as the pic so that we can extend to payment thanks and hope to hear from you soon,
Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Scam... [pedersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amazing what the guy needs when his first baby is coming... :-)

told him my set of wheels was $500,000...we'll see...If he buys them, I invited Slowtwitch to dinner :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reply that the items are still available and then accept when he offers to send you a International Cashiers Check that has been drafted for more than the required amount requiring you to refind the difference. Since the Cashiers Check will be an obvious forgery, you can then forward it tot he authorities while continuing to have fun with the fellow. The scammer will ask for shipping tracking numbers - give him one and reply the item is on its way then 'forget' to reply to the buyers urgent e-mails for the next several days. Then concoct some wild story how your addicition to Internet Gambling, Online Strip Poker, downloading MP3's (@ $.99 a shot), tried your hand at being an Adult Movie producer, or some other such non-sense and this has caused you to squander all of the buyers funds and that you cant afford to ship him the item now. Ask for his forgiveness and he may even agree to send you another Cashiers Check!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always have fun with these guys and the one's who send me emails stating that my long lost relative died in a plane crash somewhere in Africa.

I always respond telling them that my name is Egon Krenz and give them the address of the German prison in which he is being held.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn, your catching on to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Scam... [Ben in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same e-mail last night about my Talon for sale. You would think that someone trying to pass for an Australian doctor would pull his shit together enough to write something in passable English. Subject, verb, object, repeat.....
Quote Reply
Re: Scam... [bigdavedahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This scam thing drives me crazy. Check out the PDF format article at:

http://www.fraud-auctions.com/

I learned quite a bit but still feel frustrated when I read an obviously fraudulent auction on Ebay. I'd like to tell the owner of the account or the suckers who are bidding but if the account has been hijacked how can you be sure that they will even get your message?
Quote Reply