Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saucony Ride 13 Foot Numbness
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

A question for the collective wisdom of the hive mind.

I recently got a pair of Saucony Ride 13's for my road running (changing from NB 870). I've found that when I run over 5km in them I begin to experience toe numbness in my little toes and the outside of my foot. I think this has also contributed to a strain of the ligament under my forefoot (to the point where I'm now 3weeks off running)

Has anyone else experienced this with other shoes? I don't really want to get rid of a pair of shoes after 50k in them but they are pretty uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Ride 13 Foot Numbness [Herdwickmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it happen in other shoes?

If yes it's potentially the problem you described.
If no it's probably the shoe

Getting rid of a pair of shoes after 50k is a smart investment if keeping the shoe for another 400k means on again/off again running due to foot numbness.

This goes for anything: Just bc you bought something keeping it could be the more costly option in the long run.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ISO line uses a thicker tongue than most shoe companies. It's part of their ISO fit system that they seem to be abandoning already. Most review of the two years of Ride ISO shoes include a line mentioning the over-stuffed tongue. The new ride 13's are not ISO and it seems like they have moved away from that style.

I love them but to each their own. Maybe your toes are numb because of added pressure from an over filled tongue. Not all shoes are for everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Ride 13 Foot Numbness [BuildingSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BuildingSpeed wrote:
.......It's part of their ISO fit system that they seem to be abandoning already. ........The new ride 13's are not ISO and it seems like they have moved away from that style.

Saucony ran away from the ISO fit bc it hardly fit anyone. It's gone from their run specialty lineup

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn’t run in the Ride either.
Back then it was built on a different last (curved) than the Kinvaras and Triumphs.
I thought the curved last was responsible for my problems and have since stayed away from them, choosing shoes with a straighter last.
Don’t know if that’s still the case....
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony Ride 13 Foot Numbness [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It feels like it's forcing me onto the lateral mid/forefoot when I land. I don't think the padded tongue is the issue. It's one of those things that you wouldn't have picked up on in the shop. I should have stuck with my NB's and not tried something new! Damn to change! just ordered a replacement for my NBs. Hopefully my foot ligament strain will ease off soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herdwickmatt wrote:
It feels like it's forcing me onto the lateral mid/forefoot when I land. I don't think the padded tongue is the issue. It's one of those things that you wouldn't have picked up on in the shop. I should have stuck with my NB's and not tried something new! Damn to change! just ordered a replacement for my NBs. Hopefully my foot ligament strain will ease off soon!

I think it may be an issue with powerun. I wasn’t a huge fan of it when they switched to it last year for the freedom. I kind of had a similar experience so I abused the hell out of infinity runs in the last 14 months. I think like 2k miles on 4 pairs.
Quote Reply