Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saris H3 trainer in an H1 shell, possible?
Quote | Reply
I have been looking for a direct drive smart trainer, and I came across one that I don’t know if I should trust it. Someone has taken a Cyclops H1 trainer and replaced the control board and motor with a Saris H3 parts. This guy says he works for Saris. Just curious if this seems possible and if it would be just as good as the h3?
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 trainer in an H1 shell, possible? [wetri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetri2 wrote:
I have been looking for a direct drive smart trainer, and I came across one that I don’t know if I should trust it. Someone has taken a Cyclops H1 trainer and replaced the control board and motor with a Saris H3 parts. This guy says he works for Saris. Just curious if this seems possible and if it would be just as good as the h3?

It's entirely possible that it would work, but it sounds sketchy as hell.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a lot of basis to know, but I would lean toward quite possible. I think, aside from a few parts/improvements, all 3 generations are largely identical, heck they use the same firmware. The H3 has a different belt compared to Hammer/H2 to make it quieter, and they made some other accuracy improvements, but nothing major as far as the reviews I've seen. I use the original Hammer and it's built like a tank, I think it's great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the price outrageously good? They all (H1, H2, and H3) follow the same basic case shape, so maybe? But it seems like it's asking for trouble if something goes wrong in terms of getting support.
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 trainer in an H1 shell, possible? [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trainer is $400. Good price even for an H1 but a steal if it will be as quiet as the h3.
Quote Reply