Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saris H3 - Now Made in Taiwan?
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a brand new H3 in person today at a local brick and mortar retailer. When I got home, I was surprised to see a sticker clearly indicating that the product was assembled in Taiwan.

Not a big deal, and I'm not contemplating bringing it back, but I was surprised to see this as all the press/reviews I'd read ahead of the purchase seemed to indicate it was manufactured in the US still. I'd be lying if that aspect of it didn't push me over the edge vs. just picking up a Kickr Core for $100 cheaper.

I wonder if this is a byproduct of the pandemic and needing to increase production to meet demand. In any case I googled and didn't find a single topic elsewhere on this, so thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Now Made in Taiwan? [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've owned both....I returned the Core and have had the H3 for over a year. It is much nicer than the core. So as long as yours works OK, be happy and don't worry about where it was assembled!
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Now Made in Taiwan? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback, that is helpful. I was all set on picking up the Core but was won over by the more robust design of the H3, plus the bonus of supporting US manufacturing.

Thinking back, my only other experience with a Wahoo product was with the original Kickr Snap... while it worked it wasn't ideal and I would always spend way longer than I wanted to calibrating, running the spindown etc. In my mind it was far inferior to ancient computrainers that I've also ridden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. This was a selling point for me too. Big reason we got a pair of Hammers several years ago over competitors. I believe they even used a local Wisconsin casting company to make the shell.

First Speedplay and now Saris :(
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Now Made in Taiwan? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Damn. This was a selling point for me too. Big reason we got a pair of Hammers several years ago over competitors. I believe they even used a local Wisconsin casting company to make the shell.

First Speedplay and now Saris :(

Wondering if that is the case. I also bought mine because of the local ties. I'm sad to see Saris compromising the tenets of it's long standing principles. The last couple of years have seen them seemingly more concerned on profit than previous ideals. I know Chris has turned the reins over to his daughter, and the local marketing and concern has disappeared. From the outside it looks like the classic 2nd generation screwing up the magic....Hope I'm wrong.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live a couple miles from Saris. I wonder if the days of taking something in for repair and them fixing it same day in the shop out back are over too.

Certainly over for anything Powertap, since they sold that off.
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Now Made in Taiwan? [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it’s worth this seems like a very recent change. I took another look at the box and it’s clear they just stickered over the old printed section stating “made in the USA”.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, that is helpful. I was all set on picking up the Core but was won over by the more robust design of the H3, plus the bonus of supporting US manufacturing.

Thinking back, my only other experience with a Wahoo product was with the original Kickr Snap... while it worked it wasn't ideal and I would always spend way longer than I wanted to calibrating, running the spindown etc. In my mind it was far inferior to ancient computrainers that I've also ridden.
Same thing here, went from a Kickr Snap to the Saris H3 and it's been a world of difference. I don't know about Saris' business practices - maybe 'made in the USA' appeals to only a limited number of customers or it no longer added enough business value.

Either way, I say don't overthink it...
Quote Reply