Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sarasota / Siesta Key Indoor Lap Swimming Pools?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations for good indoor lap swimming pools in Sarasota/Siesta Key, Florida?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarasota / Siesta Key Indoor Lap Swimming Pools? [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
returntoglory23 wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for good indoor lap swimming pools in Sarasota/Siesta Key, Florida?

Thank you.

Any reason you don't want outdoor pools. Most outdoor pools are heated and its much more enjoyable around here to swim outside.

The indoor pools I can think of are:
YMCA on Bahia Vista Actual address is Euclid 1075 S Euclid Ave, Sarasota, FL 34237 - not a bad pool. Pretty good pool. They recently started closing for 2 hours at lunch.
YMCA South of Town - 8301 Potter Park Dr, Sarasota, FL 34238 - not sure on hours but pool is okay.

LA Fitness in the mall at US 41(Tamiami Trail) & Siesta Drive. 3501 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34239 It is just off the North end of Siesta. I have not swam there but my sife says it looks just like the other LA Fitness pools that are shallow.
LA Fitness at I-75 and Bee Ridge Rd. 4057 Cattlemen Rd, Sarasota, FL 34233 Never been there.

Quote | Reply
I didn't realize the outdoor pools are heated. Is there one in particular you'd recommend? I had heard of the pool at Arlington Park . . .

https://www.visitsarasota.com/pool/arlington-park

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarasota / Siesta Key Indoor Lap Swimming Pools? [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes arlington park is very good....not sure on hours now.

If senior $2 per visit.......plenty of lanes over 10.
25 yard, heated I am told ( there about month ago)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pay the $7 and go swim with the Sarasota Sharks. The coach is great and they have different levels of workouts. I swam there for a while when I was in town and it was great. Beautiful outdoor pool, great team.

https://www.teamunify.com/...age/masters/about-us

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
returntoglory23 wrote:
I didn't realize the outdoor pools are heated. Is there one in particular you'd recommend? I had heard of the pool at Arlington Park . . .

https://www.visitsarasota.com/pool/arlington-park

Thank you.

The Arlington Pool is nice. The locker room facility is dated. County owned.

My recommendation would also be the Sarasota Sharks which is the outdoor pool at the South YMCA 8501 Potter Park Dr, Sarasota, FL 34238. When you pull in to the main drive the outdoor pool will be on the right(it has a large slide for the summer camps). It was recently taken over by the Sharks so is no longer associated with the YMCA. Great people and a variety of swim levels. I would typically swim at the 5:30 practice. This is when most of the fish swim. The 7:00 is mixed. Saying that I have not been down there in over a year because I'm lazy so it may have changed but I doubt it.

Edit because the table I inserted of practice times did not show well. You can find it at the link provided earlier.

Last edited by: SRQ_3sport: Dec 26, 18 10:12
Quote Reply
Re: Sarasota / Siesta Key Indoor Lap Swimming Pools? [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you everyone. This is really helpful!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarasota / Siesta Key Indoor Lap Swimming Pools? [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the 0700 group shows up, it’s the fastest practice (of those who swim the Gold workout), but the 0530 squad is more fun! Edit: the 0530 group are also the most fun people IMO

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Last edited by: boobooaboo: Dec 27, 18 8:41
Quote Reply