Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant
Quote | Reply
I noticed that Sarah True is on the start list for IM Mont Tremblant. Is third time a charm. I REALLY hope she punches her ticket to Kona. I put in bold those who I think will give her a run for her money.

For Lionel, Cody already has his slot so who can give him a run, ASSUMING he is back at full strength. Based on his Youtube videos, it doesn't look like he's at the levels we've seen him in years past, mostly due to the injury.

Will be an interesting Sunday on FB Live.

Pro men's start list:

1 Beals Cody CAN (Canada)
2 Sanders Lionel CAN (Canada)
3 Jolicoeur Desroches Antoine CAN (Canada)
4 Yoder Andrew USA (United States of America)
5 Daerr Justin USA (United States of America)
6 Adam Anthony FRA (France)
7 Boily Cedric CAN (Canada)
8 Botelho Raymond USA (United States of America)
9 Brader Christian DEU (Germany)
10 Cavelier Sacha CAN (Canada)
11 Chase Nicholas USA (United States of America)
12 Costes Antony FRA (France)
14 Defilippis Scott USA (United States of America)
15 Delsaut Trevor FRA (France)
16 Dempsey Alan CAN (Canada)
17 Dominguez Ivan USA (United States of America)
18 Holderbaum Chad USA (United States of America)
19 Kotland Peter CZE (Czech Republic)
20 Lacombe David CAN (Canada)
21 Lubinski Jim USA (United States of America)
22 Monchy Wouter BEL (Belgium)
23 Roy Lee CAN (Canada)
24 Scymanski Eliot USA (United States of America)

Pro women's start list:

30 Kessler Meredith USA (United States of America)
31 Lester Carrie AUS (Australia)
32 TRUE Sarah USA (United States of America)
33 Withrow Kelsey USA (United States of America)
34 McQuaid Melanie CAN (Canada)
35 Naeth Angela CAN (Canada)
36 Robertson Jodie USA (United States of America)
37 Bachelder St-Pierre Pamela-Ann CAN (Canada)
38 Basso Anne FRA (France)
39 Burke Melanie NZL (New Zealand)
40 Cargiulo Katy USA (United States of America)
41 Hansen Jennie USA (United States of America)
42 Hardage Robyn CAN (Canada)
43 Howell Ginger USA (United States of America)
44 Kobelin Kayla USA (United States of America)
45 Lentzke Jennifer CAN (Canada)
46 Low Heather CAN (Canada)
47 Paulson Ashley USA (United States of America)
48 Ramsey Lenny NLD (Netherlands)
49 Treleaven Sheila CAN (Canada)
50 Van Tassel Amy USA (United States of America)
51 Wassner Laurel USA (United States of America)
52 Wiens Kyra USA (United States of America)
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kessler is already qualified.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesnt Naeth have a jacked up arm/hand?
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lester won IM Nice right? So already qualified if she wanted it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lubinski will hip check everyone trying to go past, and throw in a face wash for good measure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In another thread it was discussed that the race isn't scheduled to be broadcast live. Is that incorrect?
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that it is not being broadcast live. I hope I am wrong!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might also throw in Mel McQuaid with a chance to show ... she's tough, experienced, and in front of a home crowd.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So looking at these lists, they should both be able to treat is as a long training day and be able to get their KQ. They shouldn't have to kill themselves to beat these other athletes that haven't yet qualified.

Lionel needs to forget about Cody and trying to win, just do the minimal required to get the KQ. That will most likely mean being patient to start the bike and not trying to bridge to the front of the race right away. Just plug away. Or does he want to avoid having to run hard at all costs and tries to build as big a lead on the other KQ hopefuls as he can on the bike? Then can run easier managing the KQ lead?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll go ahead and say it...

Lionel will not KQ.

Sarah True will KQ.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Doesnt Naeth have a jacked up arm/hand?

She had rib pain from a crash at IM Canada that made her drop out of that one and DNF'd last week @ IM Tallinn because of the previous injury. Here's hoping 3rd times a charm for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmh, August 18th, must be one of the last qualifiers for 2019.

And, interesting, two of the most fancy athletes in present triathlon competing. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea how many slots will available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its not hot Sarah True will win...……..LS maybe.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Lionel will not KQ.

Sarah True will KQ.

Well there is no heat wave in Tremblant for Sarah. Hopefully if she has a sufficient lead given how many other women have slots, that she slows down to a jog and saves her legs for Kona rather than the largely suboptimal pacing job she did in the last two. If she races Tremblant, she'll be done in Kona anyway. She needs to treat it like a training day IF she wants a hope of a good day in Kona. Same with Lionel. Hopefully he does 'just enough' to get a Kona slot and does not burn matches racing this race.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$500?
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
$500?

OK Talbot, I'll bite?? $500???

Keep the videos coming, Lionel's Pain cave video has been viewed something like 250k times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See Andrew Yoder is on the start list. Have not heard much about him recently. Guessing he moved up to long course since outside of ITU the short course opportunities are almost none. Seems like his growth/development was really hindered with the collapse of pro non-drafting short course racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [5stones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Lionel will win because his injury kept him from over training this summer, Kona he won't be able to help himself and will over train again.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot, are you going to MT? If so, can you broadcast it live? Given the interest I bet quite a few folks here would chip in...
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other thread linked to the 2018 broadcast schedule. IMMT is not on the 2019 schedule from what I can see. It fooled me as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sarah will win and Lionel will DNF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
$500?

????? by the way I like your videos. Good Job!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True and Lionel's chances at a Kona Slot in Mont Tremblant [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
stevej wrote:

Lionel will not KQ.

Sarah True will KQ.

Well there is no heat wave in Tremblant for Sarah. Hopefully if she has a sufficient lead given how many other women have slots, that she slows down to a jog and saves her legs for Kona rather than the largely suboptimal pacing job she did in the last two. If she races Tremblant, she'll be done in Kona anyway. She needs to treat it like a training day IF she wants a hope of a good day in Kona. Same with Lionel. Hopefully he does 'just enough' to get a Kona slot and does not burn matches racing this race.

Disagree. 7 or 8 weeks is plenty for her to recover. She was never gonna win kona anyway, but she'll have plenty of time to put together a good race for herself. Same for Lionel.
I think Lionel will qualify, and then have a good race at Kona.......but no one is gonna beat frodo this year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next