Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon
Quote | Reply
The idea that is he compared to Woods, one of the most dominant players of his sport is mind-boggling. LS is Daly. He is a side show but he keeps it "real" and "goes for it" and is just like "one of us". Maybe a little self-sabotaging. It is becoming easier and easier to cheer against him based on the slurp jobs on this forum and how old his act gets. Everything he does as he describes it is death defying! If he were truly as talented as everyone thinks he is then he would not have crapped the bed yesterday. Lange, Ryf and Charles showed their level. Sanders is no more talented than the rest of the endurance monsters that qualify to race in Kona. What I have found interesting since Mont Tremblant has been the nice coverage Cody Beals has received and the round of interviews he has provided. Yet the interviews have to turn to Sanders. What he mentions, which is never part of the recovery-couch-to-Ironman-death-defying-sufferfest LS narrative is that Sanders was a dominant Canadian uni cross country runner. Somehow that part was never emphasized. Much like Affliction t shirts, Love the Pain and Wattie Ink, LS and his groupies grow stale and will fade out to the sale rack of your local Spencers.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders is the Sanders of triathlon.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Phil Mickelson

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
The Phil Mickelson

Daly is the better comparison IMO. Mickelson has five majors versus Daly’s two. Sanders has zero Kona (major) wins. So a closer career with Daly.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus Daly was so… Human

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
timr wrote:
The Phil Mickelson

Daly is the better comparison IMO. Mickelson has five majors versus Daly’s two. Sanders has zero Kona (major) wins. So a closer career with Daly.

Kona is the masters

Majors would be any IM full distance

Has sanders won any of them? Seriously I don’t know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I think of Jon Daly I think of a drunk fool who sometimes hits a good shot. When I think of Phil, I repeat the words, "Why did he just do that?" Phil is a risk taker but yeah I see your point.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Sanders has won four 140.6 events including setting the all-time Ironman record at Arizona in 2016. He also won Penticton. In addition he has won 15+ 70.3 events since 2016.....Kona aside, who has been better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John Daly won the PGA Championship as a rookie. He's always won The Open. So no, Sanders isn't even close to John Daly.

Also, John Daly smokes like a train and drinks like a horse.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 14, 18 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
John Daly won the PGA Championship as a rookie. He's always won The Open. So no, Sanders isn't even close to John Daly.

Also, John Daly smokes like a train and drinks like a horse.

As someone pointed out elsewhere in the Tiger Woods thread. in using golfers, this Sanders person is like Rickie Fowler. Good career, not great. Won a few tournaments, never a Major
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rickie is the best one I could come up with. A lot of flash, gotten close a few times, but still hasn't won a major.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No opinion on this except it’s notable how sanders critics keep starting sanders threads and then complain about all the sanders threads.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What fuels people to say all of these negative comments?

What has Lionel done to piss you all off?

I thought triathletes held themselves to some higher standard, but I guess there are just as many asses as in every other sport. What was I thinking …

Go run a few hard miles and get over yourselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders is the John Daly of triathlon [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
timr wrote:
The Phil Mickelson

Kona is the masters

Majors would be any IM full distance

Has sanders won any of them? Seriously I don’t know.

In golf The Masters is one of the four annual majors. As such Kona is equivalent to any one of the four. Your pick.

All of the other weekly PGA events would be equivalent to the 110 annual IM full distance events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:
timr wrote:
The Phil Mickelson

The Mickleson comparison is spot on. People know Mickleson as someone who has a handful of majors, but he long held the title of the guy who should have won many majors but he got in his own way. He was a professional for over a decade before winning his first major.

He was someone who golf people criticized about his risk taking and style of play. And they were right, until they weren't, and he won a few majors.
Quote Reply