Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant
Quote | Reply
Hello ST,

I will be flying out to IMMT tomorrow morning. I will be shooting a pre race video and a post race video of Mr.Sanders. I am going to use this thread for questions on both videos. Please wait until the race has started to submit post race questions.

Start firing away I will do my best to get some in the video. Thanks again.

Video Posting times and Link
Pre Race: Saturday Night 10pm EST. Or Earlier
Post Race: Sunday Night 10pm EST. Or Earlier
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/...ct8TB_8l5HsQHBBr8hyQ

Best of Luck to everyone racing this weekend. I will try to do some instagram live on my phone. https://www.instagram.com/talbotcox/
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Pre-Race Question: Does he have the ability/discipline to race at 90% (or whatever) if that means earning his qualifying slot BUT coming in second. Or if a win is a possibility will he lay it all out there?

Thanks! Great job, Talbot, and all the best to Lionel!

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pre-Race: How nervous do you feel right now and what part of the race do you have the most concern about?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hello ST,

I will be flying out to IMMT tomorrow morning. I will be shooting a pre race video and a post race video of Mr.Sanders. I am going to use this thread for questions on both videos. Please wait until the race has started to submit post race questions.

Start firing away I will do my best to get some in the video. Thanks again.

Video Posting times and Link
Pre Race: Saturday Night 10pm EST. Or Earlier
Post Race: Sunday Night 10pm EST. Or Earlier
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/...ct8TB_8l5HsQHBBr8hyQ

Best of Luck to everyone racing this weekend. I will try to do some instagram live on my phone. https://www.instagram.com/talbotcox/

What would we do without you sir? Are you going to be interviewing Sarah True, I think that would be a great interview as well.

Pre Race: Are you confident you have addressed what was ailing you last year, which caused your poor performance at both IMMT and IMWC in 2018.
Pre Race: Has he continued to work with Ivan O'gorman with regards to his bike fit.
Pre Race: In his videos, he seems to be looking at a training plan, who created the training plan and how closely has he been able to stick to it.

Thank you good sir, keep the videos coming.

Jean :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please do not call him (or at least not write) "Mr.Sanders". He is the "Colonel", "the 'Stache", "LS", "Lionel", or "Erin's bitch"... lol

Questions:
-How is his mindset different since he knows he isn't at Full IM shape, but also knows it's "do or die" time for Kona with this race?
-If I buy training wheels (yes, like on a 4 yo's bike), will he put them on his bike on the trainer (yes stationary) for the future videos? (seriously, and because it would be hilarious...and something he'd be cool with chuckling at as well...plus you never can be too safe.)
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that question, is Lionel going to race to win and to see where he's really at fitness wise and what he needs to work on if given the opportunity, or alternatively, focus solely on trying to lock up a Kona qualification slot.

Curious to know too if Lionel considered spending a few weeks or a month with Gerry at Tower 26 when he had the stress fracture and couldn't do much riding or any running, why not fly out out to swim twice a day with one of his advisors and work under his tutelage to try to improve the biggest weakness?

Finally, after Kona last year, did Lionel talk to traditional coaches (say a Dave Scott, Mark Allen, or Matt Dixon) whereby he would give up control and let them write the program versus having a team of advisors and what led to settling on the latter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre-Race:
Ever think about getting a therapist?
Do you really think you'll be able to recover from IMMT in time to have any chance at a podium in Kona? If no, what's the point of going to Kona?

Post Race if he KQs:
Do you think you'll be able to recover in time to actually train and legitimately race in Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

Post Race if he KQs:
Do you think you'll be able to recover in time to actually train and legitimately race in Kona?

Did you read the rules for posting Post Race questions?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When's Freshii getting a second Phoenix location?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

Post Race if he KQs:

Did you read the rules for posting Post Race questions?

Nope... I read headlines and make assumptions like all Americans.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Pre-Race: How nervous do you feel right now and what part of the race do you have the most concern about?

I second this.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is he most anxious about in the upcoming race? Place, time, if his injury is truly healed? And how did that go retrospectively?

Keep up the vids, love 'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how deep does the rabbit hole go, and does he think that he has seen the bottom of it already/ does he think he is on the way up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How 'bout that Cody fella?

Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favorite historical figure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does he do during the week of the race to prepare? Does he do any mental preparation (ie visualizations, mediation)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you ready to have the best swim of your life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is your nutrition looking like now versus what you had transitioned to last season (that didnt seem to be very successful)?

also, best of luck dude, hoping for a win! def want to see you at kona this year.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s his biggest concern coming into the race.

How much open water swimming does he do outside of races.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Talbot, glad you'll be covering Mr. Sanders again at Tremblant. Your youtube videos are excellent content -- both funny and motivating during workouts. Hope to see you around the athlete briefing and say Hello. Saw you last year in front of Starbucks but was too shy to introduce myself.

Here are some pre-race and general questions for the Colonel:

1. Do you plan to set your alarm so you're on time for the Athlete Briefing this year? Again, Cody was first to arrive at the Pro Panel and was then first to cross the finish line. Perhaps you can show up to the Panel first this year and on the finish line?

2. Has your golf game benefited, suffered or remain unchanged from the injury?

3. How was your pre-race nutrition different this year vs. last year in preparation for Tremblant?

4. Any plans for a proper bathroom in the Ontario-based Pain Cavern?

5. YouTubers Vegan Cyslist and Cameron Jeffers (current Zwift eRace Champion) raced head-to-head on Zwift. It was a fun event to participate in and watch afterwards. I know you raced in the Canadian National Championship on Zwift, but because you're a Triathlete who doesn't have a need to work on sprinting, you had a considerable disadvantage in the final meters. How about an open field Zwift race with you against other Pro triathletes like Frodeno, Sebi, Don, etc... so there's an even playing field for the sprint finish? Perhaps something post-Kona? Could be a lot of fun.

6. Have you committed to buying the place in Tuscon, AZ? And if so, does that mean you have dual-citizenship? And if that is the case, would you consider carrying the Canadien Flag in one hand and the USA stars and stripes in the other hand the day you run down the Kona finish chute as the Ironman World Champion?

That's all I got right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Do you have any day before/pre-race food/eating rituals?
2. Can you share your race nutrition/calories/electrolytes approach?
3. Any plans/strategy if IMMT doesn't result in Kona spot for this year?

Thanks Talbot and best of luck Colonel!

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would you force your hand post injure to do two Ironman races in under 2 month???

Rather then do Nice 70.3 ( or even a local half just to get back into the top peak fitness and test where you are)
and then go do a Fall ironman to grab an early spot for Kona 2020 and then make sure you are going to get paid for suffering at a top level world championship.

All the best.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pre-Race-

Do you plan on changing to shorts and a singlet in T1 again if it looks hot and humid?

Selfish reason for asking-

Just got here and I can't make up my mind... Only 30 seconds lost but it's anything gained?

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you qualify for Kona, how much time do you think Daniela Ryf will beat you by?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders Questions for Ironman Mont Tremblant [grobbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which chips does he eat pre-race, during-race, and post-race?
Does he also have Gatorade bottles sitting in his bathroom? I notice them everywhere during the show.
What is Chewy doing while you're at Mt. Tremblant? Eating all the pizzas is what! MY MAN!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next