Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sanders' Pain Cave
Quote | Reply
Surprised one of you Lionel fanboys hasn't beat me to this but he just posted a new video with a tour of his indoor training set up/pain cave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyM4pVuERnw

One thing that stood out to me was when he was talking about the mirrors set up around his treadmill and how he has been focusing on his run form, specifically in the second half of the marathon. According to him, his form only falters in the second half but his strange limping type gait is usually noticeable right out of T2? From the brief clip in this video (12:50) it looks like his form has actually improved!

Could this make a significant difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know ive read people do the mirror thing in endless pools, but i never considered it for a treadmill. really great idea.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phenomenal product placement potential being exploited there!

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:

Gotta be tough for a pro triathlete when they can't race. Can't fault him for making some $$$.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Last edited by: MrRabbit: Jul 20, 19 2:57
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
earthling wrote:

Gotta be tough for a pro triathlete when they can't race. Can't fault him for making some $$$.

completely agreed. gotta keep the lights on!

Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely 10/10 video Talbot/Sanders!! Well done, keep it coming
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:

Yeah, really enjoyed this!!

KILLER pain cave - can’t really imagine anything more/better.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
dunno wrote:

Yeah, really enjoyed this!!

KILLER pain cave - can’t really imagine anything more/better.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, I was watching this and enjoying it a lot (I really love watching pain cave videos, weird, I know, but that's my personal space at home that I love!) and aside from the high quality video, I paused at one point and thought - wow, Lionel is really comfortable and GOOD on camera! I think he's got enough practice now that he's really natural at going on long expositions without boring the viewer or seeming forced. The video is nearly one continuous take (I think) so pretty impressive that he goes through it all so smoothly and in an entertaining way no less. Props to him - I hope he hears this and realizes that he can leverage his camera-friendly skills to use many years down to road when he's not racing pro anymore to commentate, etc in the tri world.

I also have to admit - my Zwift setup is better than his! But 12-17hrs/wk on Zwift for me - no freaking way! Glad to see a top pro with the same love of Zwift I have as well - it's been hands down the best, most fun thing I've done as a time-strapped dad AGer who doesn't have the scheduling time to go on long outdoor group/club rides. Has def made my training not only more fun, but more effective, win/win. Not even joking I almost feel "life before Zwift and life after Zwift" just like he claims!
Last edited by: lightheir: Jul 20, 19 8:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nothing new in the video at all. He's gone over everything in those rooms several times already.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [Hutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spend 3 days a month with Lionel and record / get photos for sponsors and his brand while he works out. I edit and do all the posting my self. Lionel does nothing but be himself. Haha out of all the athletes I have ever worked with I can say for a fact Lionel spends the least amount of time on social media. Haha I love people like you such a hater but still watching! ❤️
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love your videos... but I'm wondering how his running is coming along, and what races are on the calendar. Are you allowed to tell us? It looks like he is still "babying" the injury. That could be a very smart move, but it makes me wonder if it is troubling him or if he is just playing it safe. Any allowable info would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
Ray
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man, unfortunately, I am not in a position to speak for the athletes. I just show up to their houses record the content and post on their youtube for them. I know about as much as you guys know. As far as racing I think all his eggs in the Kona basket pending his body and sacrum injury and listening to it. He is definitely babying his injury. I mean he broke his sacrum. The last thing you want to do is rush back into racing on an injury that big. From what I can see the long term is more important to these athletes like Sanders, Frodo, and Ben taking things slow and making sure they're 100% before they start the heavy lifting and racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, man I appreciate it. I always love hearing feedback on videos. My goal is to just bring more media and coverage to the sport. I remember following cycling and Triathlon when I was younger. Everything I could find behind the scenes I loved to watch. At the end of the day, I am grateful Lionel gives us this much access to his personal and professional life. Could you imagine if we got to critique and see all of Jans training ahead of his fracture last year? Lionel is an open book and has set the standard as far a media and access to the athletes. Right now he is in a pretty tough spot because I think he is out of things to say and just wants to get on the start line and race. I mean these athletes live for that start gun to go off and when they're not able to it just builds up. I'm glad you liked the video. I was just trying to do something different to make time go by until he is able to get on that start line again.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you personally spoken with him and has he told you he does not have a run coach (form), strength coach, and swim coach he is not only working with but also seeing? Or are you just gathering your "Opinion" with what he shows you online? ;) You should hire a PI. You would be surprised.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to chastise you for there not being a mirror in the curl rack and then I saw the mirror as you went back to the curl rack and then to the stretch cage.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Have you personally spoken with him and has he told you he does not have a run coach (form), strength coach, and swim coach he is not only working with but also seeing? Or are you just gathering your "Opinion" with what he shows you online? ;) You should hire a PI. You would be surprised.

All we can do is speculate based on his blogs, youtube channel, interviews and race results. If he says that he's been on the couch for 3 weeks, depressed, playing video games till 2am, then we have to assume that is fact and base our opinions on that. I'm a fan of Lionel Sanders and would love to see him succeed, win Kona etc but when you are a fan of someone, it frustrates and disappoints you when they fail, hence the reason people like Hutch and myself will criticise him. We want him to win and when he continually makes rookie errors or odd decisions regarding his training, diet or whatever, a fan is going to get pissed. Someone that is apathetic or blindly supports him no matter what he does, is not a fan.

I personally think he needs to work on his mental strength, but again that is based on a couple of 5 minute youtube videos, not even a snapshot into someones life... He could totally have his shit together, I have no fucking idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you responding to this guy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serious question, did he get a coach? Not Gerry for the swim. A triathlon coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Talbot, you can not come on here and talk about how open and transparent The Colonel has been, and then mention you’ve been slacking on showing EVERYTHING he does. Every minute. Every day! SHAME!! [pink]

Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders' Pain Cave [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I'm a fan of Lionel Sanders and would love to see him succeed, win Kona etc but when you are a fan of someone, it frustrates and disappoints you when they fail, hence the reason people like Hutch and myself will criticise him. We want him to win and when he continually makes rookie errors or odd decisions regarding his training, diet or whatever, a fan is going to get pissed. Someone that is apathetic or blindly supports him no matter what he does, is not a fan.

holy crap you guys need to get a life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hutch wrote:
It's just reminds his critics that Lionel sees value in spending time with Talbot and getting more Instagram and YouTube followers but doesn't see any value in figuring out how to get a faster swim, bike or run, and stop making amateur mistakes.
Which is more important to Lionel? Kona or YouTube

I've been trying to come up with the perfect insult to express just how stupid this post is but words just can't do it justice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Hutch wrote:
It's just reminds his critics that Lionel sees value in spending time with Talbot and getting more Instagram and YouTube followers but doesn't see any value in figuring out how to get a faster swim, bike or run, and stop making amateur mistakes.
Which is more important to Lionel? Kona or YouTube

I've been trying to come up with the perfect insult to express just how stupid this post is but words just can't do it justice...

Plus 1.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next