Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Antonio, TX
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am curious where the good swim, bike, and running neighbors are in the San Antonio, TX area.

Appreciate any feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio, TX [Wetfeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving there or visiting?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio, TX [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anyone or group personally in San Antonio, but there are a couple of tri clubs that I heard were good. The SATC and UTSA TC were ones that I've heard of.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: San Antonio, TX [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wetfeet wrote:
Moving there.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a San Antonio expert by any stretch but I've been there a dozen times. I looked into potentially transferring there for work a few years back and if I had we would have bought a house in the Cibolo Canyon area that's north of the city. Do a Google search for the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country as the resort sits within the Cibolo Canyon community. It's hilly around there. Good running around there. Good bike routes that you could start from your house. I think there are lap pools in the community and several gyms nearby.

It's not going to be the cheapest area to live in though. Homes are going to be upper middle class in price.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jan 24, 23 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, welcome! San Antonio is a good, almost great place for multi-sport training. Lots of quality, safe places to ride and run, including an already large and expanding trail system, a decent amount of pools, and at least one very good masters program. What keeps San Antonio from being truly great for tri and multi-sport is the relatively small community of triathletes compared to, say, Austin. On the other hand, it is less expensive to live in San Antonio versus Austin, and if you need more athlete community, well, Austin is two hours or less away. I do not know where you are looking to reside, but the I-10 corridor between 1604 and Boerne is a great area for riding out the front door and into the hill country. If you have more specific questions, I can try to answer them - I have been training here for more than 20 years. Cheers.

Scrubbie
Quote Reply