Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Salt dispenser for the run
Quote | Reply
What is your favorite container for carrying salt on the run of an Ironman? I prefer Salt Stick's chewable tablets. Putting them in a hard container tends to pulverize them with the jostling. I don't want to struggle to get them out of a baggie, and obviously it has to be semi waterproof to protect it from sweat, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite container for carrying anything on a run/ride is an empty Nuun tube. peel the label off, relabel it with the contents, fill and go. The container is totally waterproof, and can hold a serving of my nutrition formula, salt tabs, etc.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use these tubes from Hammer - here.

And so the capsules don't bang around, I layer them with cotton balls. Ends up working really well cause I split each layer by dosage. On the fly, I open the tube (hinged lid), pull the cotton ball, dump the dosage in mouth, close the tube and go... the next dosage is ready.

Marathon example - I'll have 7 layers of dosages. (Usually Hammer Anti-Fatigue Cap, Endurolytes Extreme and an Energy Surge)
Layer 1 - Pre-Race
Layer 2 - End of Hour 1
Layer 3 - End of Hour 2
Layer 4 - End of Hour 3
Layers 5-7 - back-ups if it is super hot or I drop some by accident or need extra for any reason.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have previously used the "pill dispenser day of the week" things. Not this one specifically but just for reference: https://www.amazon.com/...pill+day+of+the+week

Usually get at a local pharmacy so I can know exactly what the size is in person.

I am now using Precision Hydration SweatSalt tabs/pills. They come in "blister pack" packaging that is foil and requires you to push them out of the foil to use them. I find these way easier to use and take up a lot less room, with the easier to use piece being the more important part.

You can find them here, 250mg of sodium per pill: https://www.precisionhydration.com/...?variant=10130671044

**Disclaimer: I am sponsored by & work for Precision Hydration**

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [alexanderzlenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dunno... At only 64 cents each, those are obviously made just for trail running. If they were triathlon-specific, they would be 30 bucks apiece. Do they make any in carbon fiber? ;)

alexanderzlenz wrote:
I use these tubes from Hammer - here.
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Sep 3, 18 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a CF one.. 1 gram lighter and it's 60 bucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexanderzlenz wrote:
There is a CF one.. 1 gram lighter and it's 60 bucks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tic Tac container
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
My favorite container for carrying anything on a run/ride is an empty Nuun tube. peel the label off, relabel it with the contents, fill and go. The container is totally waterproof, and can hold a serving of my nutrition formula, salt tabs, etc.

This! If don't want to get them stuck or crushed cut the spiral part out so you can fit more in. I also use the same salt quick chews and have had luck with this on a few 50Ks even in heat and humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the style I'm currently using, and cotton balls is a great idea! I'd need more vials bc the balls would take space, but I'll try it.
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these available in the US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Precision Hydration SweatSalt pills, or the pill dispensers? If SweatSalt pills, yes shouldn't be an issue. I believe we have inventory, but not 100% sure as that is outside of my realm of what I do there. If you have any issues getting them let me know and can find out when they would be available.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Salt dispenser for the run [rightontom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rightontom wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:

This! If don't want to get them stuck or crushed cut the spiral part out so you can fit more in. I also use the same salt quick chews and have had luck with this on a few 50Ks even in heat and humidity.

BTW, you can also use the containers they sell Mini M&M's in at the checkout aisle at most grocery stores. Same pop-top design. Plus you get a treat out of it.

Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Sep 3, 18 15:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like using these as a run belt and you can stick your salt stick in their and they stay dry depending on what one you choose.

http://www.wiggle.com/spibelt/
Quote Reply