Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike
Quote | Reply
How is this even possible???

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 20, 19 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because he's Peter effing Sagan!

I'll be impressed when he does this on a tandem.

Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Because he's Peter effing Sagan!

I'll be impressed when he does this on a tandem.

He could probably ride an entire TT in a wheelie position at 150% of the average FTP on ST and do an interview with Robbie McEwan speaking English like a bee stuck in a jam jar (I think Robbie referred to Sagan's English accent with this onomatopoeia).....but if you're Sagan, you can do whatever you want
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The same way it’s possible on any other bike.

Guys who can easily ride a wheelie on a bmx or mtb, can do the same on a road or TT bike.

Balance is balance.

I’m not particularly good at extended wheelies like the bmx guys are, but I know at least a dozen local guys (all mtb’ers who came up doing bmx and/or mx) who can wheelie effortlessly for 100’s of feet.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the same thing. Love that guy. If I tried that I would flip straight back and land on my ass with my feet still clipped in.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
The same way it’s possible on any other bike.

Guys who can easily ride a wheelie on a bmx or mtb, can do the same on a road or TT bike.

Balance is balance.

I’m not particularly good at extended wheelies like the bmx guys are, but I know at least a dozen local guys (all mtb’ers who came up doing bmx and/or mx) who can wheelie effortlessly for 100’s of feet.

uhh I can wheelie on a bmx far, but not a road or tt bike... this guy is pure power
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well this backs up the claim Specialized makes saying it handles as well as a road bike...

Really enjoy watching Sagan. Great rider and has a big personality

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Froome should take some TT bike handling notes here...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just after that photo he took one hand off to continue the wheelie uphill rodeo style.. Pretty fun

His highlight videos on youtube are classic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know about all that. I can go for blocks on my MTB and a decent while on my road bike or cross bike.

I think it’s damn hard on my TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
How is this even possible???

Position and gearing means a hefty torque kick to get it there, but after that it's the same balance as other machines.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has uncommon skill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, it was up a steep hill.

Second off, watch his pal Brumotti

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was interesting to hear George and Lance talk about how everyone loves Sagan except the professional peloton...pretty telling.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Was interesting to hear George and Lance talk about how everyone loves Sagan except the professional peloton...pretty telling.

Haha....we all love Sagan because he beats the peloton with panache....they hate him because...well...."they are not Petr...."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very impressive given the saddle to bars drop and the length of the bike. No problem for me to wheelie my mtb with the seat dropped but on a TT bike? I’d never dream of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helps that he was going uphill at the time as well.
But count me as super impressed when he continued to wheelie up that steep hill one handed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:

Ha, old men shaking fists and manufacturing commentator drama.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, thats tricky... the hand keeping the front end up is also using fingers to brake for balance

Maybe next year with one foot unclipped and the front tyre burning?
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Jul 21, 19 0:10
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
bretzky wrote:

That could very well be. Good analysis.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
trail wrote:
bretzky wrote:

That could very well be. Good analysis.

I could see people in the peloton not be a fan of stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv97WNg6FMU

Personally, I love it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:

What were the comments? Or, what episode was this discussed in?
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan's Wheelie on TT Bike [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
bretzky wrote:

Doubt if George and Lance talk about how the peloton felt about them when they were riding. If your fellow riders just loved you, then it would be immodest to bring it up. PINK

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
trail wrote:
bretzky wrote:

Doubt if George and Lance talk about how the peloton felt about them when they were riding. If your fellow riders just loved you, then it would be immodest to bring it up. PINK

Lance often says everyone loved George, and George is too humble to admit it [or argue], whereas they both agree everyone hated Lance

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
trail wrote:
bretzky wrote:

Doubt if George and Lance talk about how the peloton felt about them when they were riding. If your fellow riders just loved you, then it would be immodest to bring it up. PINK[/quote

Sagan may have the same "lack of love" that the rest of the peloton had for Lance/George. It comes with the turf of taking everyone else's podiums, prize money and sponsorship. Its not like the Samsung guys going to work every day at Suwon Korea to make awesome phones are in love with their peers at Cupertino doing iPhones. Their job is to hate the competition and wipe them out. You can't really love the guy who is trying to steal your lunch. At my startup I want the employees to inherently dislike our competition Palo Alto, Berlin and Bangalore. All the peloton should kind of dislike the ones taking their lunch. Its not like everyone loves Froome either.
Quote Reply

Prev Next