Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Safe alternatives to mineral spirits for decal removal
Quote | Reply
Zipp wheel decals were old and starting to peel to I took them off....last Fall. Wheel sat in the basement all winter and now I have replacement decals and want to remove any left over adhesive. Mineral Spirits aren't having any impact. What other safe alternatives can be used?

Thanks and hope everyone is staying healthy!
Quote Reply
Re: Safe alternatives to mineral spirits for decal removal [sharkd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Goo-Gone. Still take some elbow grease, but does the job.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Safe alternatives to mineral spirits for decal removal [sharkd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have always used paint thinner (methyl hydrate ?? Not sure...) with good results on my carbon rims. I clean the residue with acetone, or soapy water afterwards.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Acetone.
Quote Reply
Re: Safe alternatives to mineral spirits for decal removal [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree acetone. Doing it now on my flo's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree on the goo gone. It is basically lemon oil.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to an auto body paint supply store and buy clean prep. It’s an oil and grease remover that is wiped in before paint is applied. It’s fairly aggressive, it also safe to not damage materials.
Quote Reply
Re: Safe alternatives to mineral spirits for decal removal [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Home Depot has quarts of acetone for about $6.
Quote Reply