Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle Height for New Saddle
Quote | Reply
I have a Selle Italia SL (Road Saddle). My friend let me test his Specialized Sitero (TT Saddle). I did a test ride and noticed I was higher and it affected my power. I think I need to lower my seat post. Any idea how much I should lower it? I’m thinking 1cm. I’ll probably also need to move it forward, since it’s a snub nose split saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Height for New Saddle [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measure the height between the seat rails and the top of the saddle on both saddles - the difference between the 2 saddles is how much you need to adjust your saddle height.

And don't move a snub nose saddle forward because it has a short nose, the whole point of a snub nose saddle is to hang off the front compared to a road saddle. I switched from a Arione Tri which is a "standard" saddle shape to a Sitero, the front of the Sitero is 8cm further back from the stem compared to the Arione, which is due to the different saddle shape. I am effectively sitting in the same position but with the front of the saddle removed.

Have a read of this:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...f_a_saddle_5700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Height for New Saddle [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the information. I can’t believe it, but my seat post height was actually 0.5cm too low in relation to the new saddle, once it put the tape to it. I also made sure I didn’t slide the saddle too far forward. I felt more comfortable. I’ll be testing it on the trainer later today. I’ll let you know how it goes.

nickag wrote:
Measure the height between the seat rails and the top of the saddle on both saddles - the difference between the 2 saddles is how much you need to adjust your saddle height.

And don't move a snub nose saddle forward because it has a short nose, the whole point of a snub nose saddle is to hang off the front compared to a road saddle. I switched from a Arione Tri which is a "standard" saddle shape to a Sitero, the front of the Sitero is 8cm further back from the stem compared to the Arione, which is due to the different saddle shape. I am effectively sitting in the same position but with the front of the saddle removed.

Have a read of this:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...f_a_saddle_5700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Height for New Saddle [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the fit dialed in today. I was able to stay in the power position longer than usual. I felt quite good. Thank you for the solid advice. It helped.
Quote Reply