Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sad day for swimming silver medalist Namesnik passed away
Quote | Reply

http://www.michigandaily.com/.../01/11/43c4b973941fa

www.trizilla.com

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Re: Sad day for swimming silver medalist Namesnik passed away [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very sad - I did not know Eric personally but I encountered him often at YMCA & W. PA meets when we were both AGs. Always seemed like a very good man.

Thoughts to his wife and kids

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: Sad day for swimming silver medalist Namesnik passed away [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*sniff* :-(

Snick was the guy that recruited me for UofM... he was so quiet and nice... almost shy in a way. Somebody that you just HAD to root for. He was a very kind and caring guy.

This just is sooo sad. :-(

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Though only briefly meeting him once, I have great respect for Eric and his work ethic. The stories detailing his and Dolan's workouts have become legend.

Quote | Reply
I got to know Snick in 1997 at a swim clinic in Colorado Springs. From the moment I met him, he was always a true CHAMPION. He will be greatly missed in world swim community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Sad day for swimming silver medalist Namesnik passed away [wdfaRacing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tragic...truly ragic. Good vibes and prayers to his family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's sad to hear of his passing. He seemed to be a class act, and as a fan, I loved his races against Tom Dolan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is just crushing. His son Austin is a playmate of my son's. They play together on Mondays and Tuesdays. I can't imagine how a 4 year old reacts to this. This is too sad to describe, and while he was a great athlete and it presents a tremendous loss for the community, I can't imagine what his young family will face. There is a trust fund being set up for his two kids.

Please view the messages posted below:

There is a website where you can register (very simple) and view/post a message to Kirsten and her family. In the time I was writing my message, 11 others were posted (358 messages in total). In addition to being a loving husband and father, Eric was an Olympic medalist in swimming, a swim coach to many, and touched so lives around the world.
To visit the CarePage, please click the link below:

http://www.carepages.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=SNIK

(If you cannot click through this link, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address window.)

...or you can use these manual instructions:

1. Go to www.carepages.com
2. Click "Visit a CarePage"
3. Register (first-time users only)
4. After you've registered, enter the exact CarePage Name below:

SNIK
(If you cannot click through this link, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address window.)

...or you can use these manual instructions:

1. Go to www.carepages.com
2. Click "Visit a CarePage"
3. Register (first-time users only)
4. After you've registered, enter the exact CarePage Name below:

SNIK

If you'd like details on the trust, I can follow up when I am made aware.

Please take a moment and call your mom, hug your kids, and tell the ones you love that you love them.

Respectfully,
Dave Koesel
Last edited by: SuperDave: Jan 13, 06 20:19
Quote Reply