Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S and S travel couplings
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any success with S and S couplings and racing tri's on them? I am thinking of building up a Ti road/tri bike with them so I can more easily travel to airplane dependant races.
Quote Reply
Re: S and S travel couplings [boomboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen them and they are nice. They add some weight to the bike too. I think it's a bit expensive getting them put on your bike. It might be a little more cost effective to just buy a Bike Friday, then you'd have a bike that goes on planes easily and you could take it on every vacation you go on.
Quote Reply
Re: S and S travel couplings [boomboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a bike made by Steve Bilenky in Pennsylvania. It has S and S couplers and I have had no problems.

When you disassemble the bike, it can be packed in a suitcase size box. Very nicely done.

It was not that expensive to get a bike built with the couplers. I believe that there is a page on the S and S website that lists all the makers that will build a bike with couplers. This includes Calfee, Merlin, and Seven as well as many small independent manufacturers.

The great thing about a bike with couplers as opposed to a folding bike is that everything is exactly the same as on a production bike. The only thing that is different is that you have breaks for the cables and the couplers.

I would say that any weight differences are nominal and the added convenience of being able to travel with a standard size bicycle is worth every gram!

Craig
Quote Reply