Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009
Quote | Reply
Good morning to my swim team!

I am still working out the details of creating and using the ST training log for this challenge, rather than our spreadsheet - so as of right now, I haven't a way to track it. But it's coming, and in the meantime, here's the thread to post your goal yards for the month, and your workouts.

Merriest wishes for the new year!

xoxo
tc

Link to spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/...ygvppkKCPw&hl=en

DON'T FORGET TO USE THE ST TRAINING LOG AS WELL PLEASE! AFTER THIS MONTH WE WILL DECIDE WHICH WORKS BETTER AND JUST USE ONE, BUT HUMOR ME AND TEST DRIVE THE ST TRAINING LOG ONE. IT SHOULD BE IN METERS OR YARDS, NOT MILES, SOON

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 6, 09 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for 40,000 yds.
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 meets this month - the 11th, 18th, 25th, and the Bowdoin Distance Festival (the 1 hr postal swim... in my favoritest pool ever!!!!) so not sure what my goal will be yet for yards. But I might make some race time goals.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally gettin back to a swim challenge with a goal of 25,000 meters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here goes nothing.
I'm in for 34000 yards.
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in for another 30K. I found last months swimming load to be just about perfect for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Record attempt for me, 60,000.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in for 45,000 . I went 50 k the last two months but want to add more cycling training for St. Anthony's in April so I will increase cycling slightly and reduce swimming just a small bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, getting back to it..I am in for 50,000 yds

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think im going to shoot for 55,000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did 3600m straight this morning New Years day.
I am in for 60 000m as ramping up for IM South Africa on April 4.
Hope you do not have as many rules and rants as Dev on the run challenge!

http://www.speedsnakecoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Speedsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, no crazy rules in here. This is a melting pot of the mellowist of the mellow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I know I am lame, but I will sign up for 20,000 m. This will force me to get to the pool 2x per week! So far 2000m done!
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3000 scy after a ride and run in the morning.
Straight 1000 easy
2 set of
200 on 3:10
3x100 on 1:35
6x 50 on 50
8x25 on 25
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Speedsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, not many rules.

I just got back from a loooong day - 1:05 run + 3:30 bike. There is a spreadsheet ready to go, I haven't set up the challenge with the ST log yet and I really don't feel like spending a lot of time online right now. Please be patient - I should get to it tomorrow.

much love
tc

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't want to undermine tigerchik, nor the good efforts of the Slowtwitch coding team, but I went ahead and posted a Swim Challenge spreadsheet for January.

Now, - you have a choice!

PLEASE NOTE: do not put any entries in the light green area of the spreadsheet! These values will automatically calculate and fill themselves in, updating as you make your entries in the white area above the green area, for your goal and for each day's swim. [/Rant]

Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not undermining anything. You're my assistant coach :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the spreadsheet. Not sure I should really be on it anymore as I've pretty much given up cycling/triathlon as of last season, but if there are any swim/run races I might do halfway OK... the swim challenge definitely is motivating! Happy New Year!
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM CHALLENGE Jan. 2009 [trigirl125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for posting the spreadsheet. Not sure I should really be on it anymore as I've pretty much given up cycling/triathlon as of last season, but if there are any swim/run races I might do halfway OK... the swim challenge definitely is motivating! Happy New Year!
Thanks! You're welcome.

But you can still swim can't you? If so, keep your lane! Your swim volume is always an inspiration.

Happy New Year!

PS: Why'd you give up tri's? Injury? Time constraints?

Last edited by: Axles of Evil: Jan 1, 09 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play since I haven't been in the pool for months. Goal is 20k m for Jan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I might be overdoing it...but 4 workouts a week, 50,000 for the month. I need to get back into the water and this should help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put me down for 40,000 scy, if I can ever get into the freakin' water again (out of the pool since Dec. 19!)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Thanks! You're welcome.

But you can still swim can't you? If so, keep your lane! Your swim volume is always an inspiration.

Happy New Year!

PS: Why'd you give up tri's? Injury? Time constraints?

Thanks for letting me keep my lane! I might become a bit territorial. :-)

I gave up tri's mostly because of burnout, I guess. I did too many iron distance races in too short of a time for me -- four in three seasons and was training for a fifth in the fourth season (does that make sense?) when I stress fractured. The sfx, which was my fourth, made me reevaluate things. While I was recovering from the sfx, I logically increased my swimming volume. I liked how swimming felt when I wasn't fatigued from all the running and cycling, and my swim speed improved fairly dramatically. I decided to shift my focus to lots of swimming and a little bit of running (10 miles/week -- just enough to keep my running shoes from rotting). I also became involved with a great masters group with a bunch of great people. And, I kind of like training 10 hours a week as opposed to 20.

I haven't ruled out doing more triathlons in the future, but right now I'm happy pretending to be a fish!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just created a "Swim 31 Times in January" on the ST training log. I am not sure how we can get distance to display in yards or meters rather than mies??? Also the "pace" column will be somewhat meaningless... but lets try tracking it with this (you can still use the spreadsheet too if you want) and we'll see what happens.

Quote Reply

Prev Next