Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST as a mirror for society [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I guess we again just agree to disagree. I have a long track record in my life coming up with better methods or products that were outside the accepted norm.

But oh well, I am far from perfect, and have yet to meet a perfect person. AND, I will never lower myself to personally attack others. Just below me. Question them, yep, but snowflake them, no thanks, I have better things to do.

I did ask you some questions in the velotron tread about bike fit. Since there are SO many threads about crank length, sure seems like it is a topic that is far from having a single answer.

I have no personal brand other than when folks say things are, and have to be a certain way, I just like to ask why. It is their choice to go nuts and attack. Is a glass half full or half empty?

Do you have a date for Rocklin yet? Would still be great to do a race together and you can kick my butt and ST can celebrate. :)

BWAHAHAHHAAHHAAA! That's fucking comical coming from you. A good engineer, when troubleshooting a problem, would note the one variable that all these other issues have in common and surmise that the common factor is the root source of the dysfunction... but no ~ in your mind, you're still right and all these other independent actors are somehow still full of shit, every one. Same as it ever was.

The self-delusion is strong with this one.....

But go ahead, carry on.

I haven't been paying too close attention to this ongoing saga, but, did I see that Dave is now using "snowflake" as a verb?

WJW

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
did I see that Dave is now using "snowflake" as a verb?

and without it being a "personal attack." quite an achievement.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
Given Slowmans passion for correct fit and value for what you get from a fitter I find his absence interesting.

i see no value in contributing to a thread where minds are already made up.

What happened to the ban on power crank threads?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ST is not a mirror for society. Go to a fast food restaurant if you want to see a mirror of society.

ST is more like the pool that Narcissus stared into and could not leave because he was so infatuated with himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ssus_%28mythology%29

Some come for information. Some come for ego. Maybe Slowman could do a poll...

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blep? That you? Lost again?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I haven't been paying too close attention to this ongoing saga, but, did I see that Dave is now using "snowflake" as a verb?

WJW

He may be the first person I've ever seen to use a word both incorrectly and ironically at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
ST is not a mirror for society. Go to a fast food restaurant if you want to see a mirror of society.

ST is more like the pool that Narcissus stared into and could not leave because he was so infatuated with himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ssus_%28mythology%29

Some come for information. Some come for ego. Maybe Slowman could do a poll...
Some come because they are bored as fuck at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I'll take you home. Follow me

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I guess we again just agree to disagree. I have a long track record in my life coming up with better methods or products that were outside the accepted norm.

But oh well, I am far from perfect, and have yet to meet a perfect person. AND, I will never lower myself to personally attack others. Just below me. Question them, yep, but snowflake them, no thanks, I have better things to do.

I did ask you some questions in the velotron tread about bike fit. Since there are SO many threads about crank length, sure seems like it is a topic that is far from having a single answer.

I have no personal brand other than when folks say things are, and have to be a certain way, I just like to ask why. It is their choice to go nuts and attack. Is a glass half full or half empty?

Do you have a date for Rocklin yet? Would still be great to do a race together and you can kick my butt and ST can celebrate. :)

BWAHAHAHHAAHHAAA! That's fucking comical coming from you. A good engineer, when troubleshooting a problem, would note the one variable that all these other issues have in common and surmise that the common factor is the root source of the dysfunction... but no ~ in your mind, you're still right and all these other independent actors are somehow still full of shit, every one. Same as it ever was.

The self-delusion is strong with this one.....

But go ahead, carry on.

But as noted, I am a terrible engineer

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
did I see that Dave is now using "snowflake" as a verb?

and without it being a "personal attack." quite an achievement.

Whats a verb? :) Grammar is not my strength

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
Given Slowmans passion for correct fit and value for what you get from a fitter I find his absence interesting.

i see no value in contributing to a thread where minds are already made up.

What happened to the ban on power crank threads?

Is there something posted somewhere that one cannot talk about things one uses?

Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talk about snowflakes....I'm OUTRAGED!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

He took some shit to the tri forum and got turned around

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Some come because they are bored as fuck at work.

amen
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops - you just pulled the "Wow...just...wow" card /pink

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Oh the irony.
I returned to ST seeking a refuge from the news these days. Everything in the news and on my social media is so contentious with meanness, stupidity, science denial, fake news, and righteous indignation.
So I return to ST and see a thread on crank length, a topic on which I have an interest and might have something to contribute. And what did I find in that thread? Meanness, stupidity, science denial, fake news, and righteous indignation.
I guess the only refuge is to be off line.
Sigh,
Jim

My only comment is that I don't really see how this forum can be a "mirror of society" b/c most of our habits are so far, far removed from the average person. The "average person" considers a 2-mile walk, maybe 4 days/wk, to be plenty of exercise, vs an STer who would consider those walks simply stretching the legs, at most, and would go on to do their regular 2 hr or so training for the day, obv involving S, B, and/or R at a consid higher level of effort from virtually all walkers, excepting race walkers. In sum, I can not see how ST can possibly be a "mirror of society" in general.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic pack mentality - when one member is attacked then everyone else joins in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
.....I guess we again just agree to disagree. I have a long track record in my life coming up with better methods or products that were outside the accepted norm....
According to whom?

Your observed behaviour, especially your inability for real self criticism (I realise you stick in fake self critical comments from time to time) make this a meaningless claim for me.
Quote Reply
Re: ST as a mirror for society [CJMcF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJMcF wrote:
Classic pack mentality - when one member is attacked then everyone else joins in.
To be fair the sentiment is more when this guy joins a discussion many people in this thread think it is better to stay away from that thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the sheer volume of replies on that seemingly innocuous thread; saw the OP and realised why. No doubt a slew of people feeding the troll. May take a look now ;-)

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Oh the irony.

ST as a mirror for society?

I didn't know that the average ST member was at least 100lbs overweight, drank 8 Mt Dews per day, and hasn't moved off the couch from their Netflix binge in the last 10 years. Not to mention the furthest their body ever travels is to and from their car and into the scooter at Walmart.

ST is a mirror for society?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, most folks have lost the art to be able to debate.

Indeed - debate, discussion and discourse is how we learn. It's how we collectively move forward.

These days, many people come into a debate or discussion with their feet REALLY dug in. Having a position on something is OK, BUT, it's important to listen to what the other side has to say - their may be something valid in what they have to say.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next