Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days)
Quote | Reply

OK, here we go again. The second annual Xmas camp. We did one last year for 10 days and followed it up with 10 more days around Easter.

The concept here is to get in as many hours of training as possible. Intensity and speed do not count. In fact the 17 hour Ironman finisher can "compete" in this camp with sub 9 hour studs, cause it is all based on minutes of training, not distance covered (personally, I'll be throwing in a bit of intensity as I start racing again within 5 weeks).

Below is the point scheme. Please do not debate it. It is what it is (refined after much debate from 2 camps last year). If you do something else not listed below, use the honour system and translate it into something (for example, 60 min of hard core pond hockey with your 14 year old kids skating circles around your middle age attempts might qualify for 40 points)
  1. Run 60 min = 60 points
  2. Swim 60 min = 40 points
  3. XC ski 60 min = 40 points
  4. Snowshoe 60 min = 40 points
  5. Speedskate 60 min = 40 points
  6. Bike Indoors trainer or rollers on a real bike, or spin bike 60 min = 40 points
  7. Weights 60 min = 40 points
  8. Rollerski or In Line skate 60 min = 40 points
  9. Cardio equipment at gym (recumbant bike, lifecycle, elliptical) 60 min = 30 points
  10. Outdoor Biking 60 min = 30 points

translates to:
  1. Run 1 min = 1 points
  2. Swim 1 min = 0.66666 points
  3. XC ski 1 min = 0.66666 points
  4. Snowshoe 1 min = 0.66666 points
  5. Speedskate 1 min = 0.66666 points
  6. Bike Indoors trainer or rollers on a real bike, or spin bike 1 min = 0.66666 points
  7. Weights 1 min = 0.66666 points
  8. Cardio equipment at gym (recumbant bike, lifecycle, elliptical) 1 min = .5 points
  9. Outdoor Biking 1 min = 0.5 points

OK, so who is in?

By the way, here are the "levels"
  1. Platinum Club 2000 pts (rarified zone occupied only by gods like Francois or Kus)
  2. Gold Club 1500 pts
  3. Silver Club 1000 pts (my goal...I ended at ~1300 for the past 2 camps)
  4. Bronze Club 500 pts

Keep in mind that Platinum club is the "aerobic equivalent" of running 3:20 per day, Gold Club would be 2:30 per day, Silver Club 1:40 per day and Bronze Club 50 min per day.

Anyway good luck, and see ya on the "start line" on Saturday morning...may the suffering begin!

Alex, if you are out there, can you keep score? Please post your daily points and running tally of overall points only once a day.

thanks

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in! Thankfully I'm back into a good build week.

:)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done...I'm in. With the in-laws in town, I need a reason to take a break every now and then.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, although I am still in a run emphasis mode in preparation for Baaston. Swim and bike are in maintenance mode.

Also, I'll vounteer for the points keeping business if you like.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll participate. All my running pals will be out of town, visiting their family, etc, etc, during this time of the season … I need all the help I can get to get my running going ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. This might just allow me to lose the final few pounds to meet my Jan 1 weight commitment!

MAO Elite Team
http://www.markallenonline.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Thankfully, the snow situation in Denver will be calmed to the point that I can get to a pool starting tomorrow...

Who's in Boston for Christmas? Anyone might be interested in a swimming partner?

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just back from two weeks in Australia, but am now home alone for the holidays. I have nothing else to do but train, so count me in.

Time to start up those 3-a-days again...

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. The collarbone is healing and I'm just ready to start training. Have done lower body weights a couple of days, just to get going.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, but is there a slacker category? Training in the cold is fun!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

But I'll be doing the 8 day version. I already know that I'm "off" on the 24th and 25th. Maybe there should be a point scale for cooking, baking, wrapping, etc.??

Hopefully this won't be nearly as humiliating for me as the November Run Challenge was!!

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I am training for the Phoenix Marathon and am in a run-emphasis mode.

Jon

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! I'll be visiting the fam in Portland, so finally some good training weather!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm kinda in...I'll keep track and post my total if I get something respectable. Running a bunch but was planning an easier week next week. Also have 2 long haul flights in that period, won't have a bike and only minimal pool access. Don't think there will be snow in the UK...Dev, are there any fog related sports that count?

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give it a shot.

Seth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Going for the 18-25 age group win but with Tigerchick doing those 7km swim workouts i don't know...

Quote | Reply
OK, Parkito is official scorekeeper (we'll know if there is anything fishy if he pulls out 2200 pts and kicks Kus' ass...)

Glad to see that there are others signing up for punishment...now I better prey for some snow, or I'll have to get the pts through lots of running and indoor biking...
Quote Reply
Training Excel File Available [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gang,

I have put together a simple Excel spreadsheet to help you tally your points for the week. Just enter your minutes of exercise in the proper box and the spreadsheet will keep running daily and 10-day-cumulative point totals for you.

If you would like a copy, PM me with your email address and I will send it out.

Happy Holidays!

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, with this weather it could be outdoor biking...it is like 50 degrees in Maine today..WTF?

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that warm here, but I was bike commuting yesterday. Lots of rollerskiing too! Mullinsm, is this a spreadsheet that Parkito can use?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Xmas-New Years Virtual Camp Dec 23-Jan 1 (10 days) [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in! I need to get back in focus for IMAZ anywho
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in...1200 points...Almost entirely on a Tacx Cosmos trainer so I'll have proof.

Silver...Sounds like 1st loser, but it's all I've got right now:-)

Sounds like I'll need to get some videos for Christmas...

Good luck everyone.

Cheers,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im, in. I think.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next