Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge - UPDATED
Quote | Reply
That's right, it's back. For the month of December, can you run 200 miles? How much can you drink while doing that?

December is a time of too many office parties, family dinners, over drinking and over eating. However, December is also a really awesome time of year to log a sh*tload of miles to help keep your waistline in check. So, here we go for challenge #4...

I'll set up the challenge in the Training Log (the other alternative is a shared GoogleDocs spreadsheet - I'll let the masses speak on this one). Last year's debacle was captured here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=2653795

Any running counts. Water running - use your LSD pace to figure that distance out. We also log a point a standard drink (1 12oz beer, 1 5oz wine, 1 1oz spirits).

Who's in? I am aiming for 210 miles and 55 drinks! Go Go Go!
----------------------
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) join the 200mi Dec running & drinking challenge
2) join the companion 200mi Dec running & drinking challenge - the Drinking part
3) Log your runs in the training log as usual
4) Log your drinks as "Other" - 1 minute of "Other" activity = 1 standard drink. It's total not frequency, so you can lump all your evening's drinks into ONE entry.
---------------------

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Dec 1, 10 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a newer member of the ST community I approve of this challenge. I feel real confident in the drinking portion. We'll see about the running...

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent. Be warned there are some incredible drinkers on ST... oh and they can run too ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there's a perfectly good answer for this, but why only 8oz beer? Seems like an easier and less drunk way to rack up points.

Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did this in 09. Going to be interesting...game on!
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, my bad, should be 12oz. I'll correct that.

You in?

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same about a 1 oz. shot. Not to mention each spirit has drastically different alcohol contents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we get extra points for extra mileage? I'm already there and I expect to put in approximately 280 - 300 miles in December, barring any setbacks.

Man, I'm going to have to get some more port. . .I can go through that shit like it's water. . . HAHAHA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The drinking will NOT be a problem. It's rackng up that kind of mileage, but if one sets their mind to it...the ST November swim challenge has certainy worked for me...hmmm...still have a few days to decide.

Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [jdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, not so much, it's a basic tally of miles run and of drinks drunk. So 300mi will put you near the top of the pile for sure...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for the holiday crowd. The challenge is set-up in the training log... I hope you are resting your legs and your livers cuz YER ALL GOIN' DOWN!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More info on alcohol serving sizes (vs. alcohol content)... Three Philosophers is off the chart in the beer section!

http://www.wwu.edu/...s/WhatisOneDrink.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't wait for wednesday... planning on double sessions at least 5 days a week

of drinking

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://cyclussports.com/ - #ZeroPositive #CyclusSports
http://app.strava.com/athletes/355549
https://twitter.com/ryanAjoyce
Last edited by: aidanlynch: Nov 29, 10 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [aidanlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are the wind beneath my wings...

I have my office xmas party on the 4th so that'll start the "beer miles" off nicely. y'all going down.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, and plus one on the port going down like water, especially in the winter next to the fireplace with the legs propped up the wall, icepacks on knees in recovery mode.

This is gonna be fun. I'm quite confident I can log the drink-milage. It'll be about 50 more miles than I had planned for December, but hey, I guess I'll chalk it up to Boston training and start a little early.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, this will finally give me some sense of credit for all the drinking I do anyway... if I can only avg running 20mpw to go w/ 30-40dpw then 200 will be a piece of cake. Shame I can't retroactively count my friend's birthday the day after thanksgiving, I'd have almost a marathon under my belt already!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bitch added drinking to the challenge to rule me out. So fuckin' unfair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i specifically logged in today just to see if the challenge was set. cant wait for another year of this. fell short of 200miles in 09 but went about 220miles last year. look forward to this challenge
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just have to run more to make up for it ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's awesome! glad you're back!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Refresh my memory....

I see how to log the miles, but how do we log the beers?
Quote Reply
Re: ST 4th Annual December 200mi running & drinking challenge [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Refresh my memory....

I see how to log the miles, but how do we log the beers?

I believe it's a minute of "other" in the training log, once you're involved in the challenge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Are there bonus points for "brick" workouts (ie: drinking 25 oz. of vodka then running 13.1 w/in 10 hours of each other - yes, I pulled this off last week).

Finally an ST game where body mass comes in handy!

Quote | Reply
This is so wrong, it's right. I'll start recording tommorow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next