Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRM and garmin not getting along...
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you have problems with your PM a few days before your A race?!

Got an XX1 SRM on my mtb and probably 300 miles on it. A few days ago started getting some random drop outs in power forcing a re-pairing to get my garmin 510 to see it and read power again. I thought it was from getting mud on the magnet.

I talked to a friend who suggested moving the magnet closer to the SRM as it was about 3/4" away. I did that by adding a new magnet.

Turned on the garmin, it saw the PM immediately, perfect. Problem solved? No, not quite.

The 510 couldn't calibrate the SRM though, the previous value shows but the "working" wheel just spins trying to get a new value. Tried riding it around without calibrating and of course, no power or cadence reading.

Should've just left it alone.

Called SRM and they think I need to use a PC7 to diagnose the issue so they're sending one. But it's just hard to swallow that it was working well yesterday, had a few drop out issues I could resolve by turning the 510 off and back on, but now can't even get a reading.

Maybe, just maybe, someone around here has had a similar issue....?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM and garmin not getting along... [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had issues and it was due to my magnet location as I had the magnet mounted on the frame. Ended up buying the k-edge/srm chain catcher and haven't had a problem since.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be the battery in the SRM is getting weak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is your A race?
Quote Reply
Re: SRM and garmin not getting along... [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After talking to SRM again they think it's a battery issue. Gotta send it in.

Bummer.

A race is a mtb race called the wilderness 101. I'm not a triathlete anymore :-/
Quote Reply