Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM vs Shimano
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the SRM red TT. I intend to keep my cranks but am thinking of changing: brake calipers, drivetrain, bar end shifters. Of those who have changed to SRAM, what was your experience overall?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM vs Shimano [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience has been nothing but positive on both my road and tri bike.

It's not head and shoulders better, but it certainly doesn't leave anything to be desired vs. shimano. My big loves of SRAM are that it's a bit cheaper than Shimano, and a bit lighter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois
I did the switch to SRAM also and I really like it, The bar end shifter are quiet no clicking sound like shimano but I think the SRAM feel better in your hand and there very easy to set up.
I do all my wrenching and I have never had a group so easy to set up, you can almost pull the derailleur cable snug with you hand and have it shift ok, it’s seems to be very forgiving.
So jump in I think you’ll be very happy.
Dan…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am running SRAM Force FD and the TT shifters. THe only thing I don't care for so much is that you seem to have to move the shifter really far to shift the FD. It seems to have alot of play. It shifts OK though. It is nice stuff but I don't find it any better than my Shimano stuff. I would go with what is the best deal overall.

Mike
Quote Reply