Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Ohio_Roadie
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given that the spacing between cassette cogs on the 12sp AXS is narrower than 11sp Etap, I'd say highly unlikely it will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is that with the H and L limits set correctly, you’ll have 5 gears that work well enough, 4 that will click constantly, and 2 that will just skip out.
Oh, and you’ll have an extra click on the shifters that does nothing.
I would just buy some used eTap parts from people that are unloading to upgrade to AXS.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM could just allow the AXS App to customize such things so as shift speed and number of cogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ties to this topic - but what about using Red AXS 12 speed groupset on a Kickr w/ 11 speed casette - if not shifting gears and using erg (holding the chain in one place)?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [maattss91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maattss91 wrote:
Ties to this topic - but what about using Red AXS 12 speed groupset on a Kickr w/ 11 speed casette - if not shifting gears and using erg (holding the chain in one place)?

you could run into chain compatibility issues - the AXS chain has a non-standard roller size. I think it will "work", but not great and could wear out the cassette

Safest bet is to pick up a new cassette body and 12s AXS cassette for the Kickr.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
SRAM could just allow the AXS App to customize such things so as shift speed and number of cogs.

Every piece of software can be hacked.
I guess up until now, the reward just wasn't there.
But with the incompatibility and the considerable cost (> $500.-) to upgrade, this may start to attract some interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
out of curiosity, can I run AXS on a 11s cassette running 11s chain? Basically I want to upgrade my shifters & derailleurs to AXS and keep the rest as is for now. I have a Force 1x group.

Otherwise, I would have to convert my wheels (hub + cassette) and chain inventory; I would prefer to save that money over the extra cog.
Last edited by: zambony: Feb 3, 21 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you used the term "hacked" correctly here, unless someone other SRAM can somehow change the software to work with 11-speed.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have Sram Force AXS etap on my gravel bike 2x12 speed. Rest of my bikes are shimano di2. I leave the shimano 11sp cassette on the kicker with etap and runs no problem. no grinding or missing gears on trainer
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM etap AXS with 11 speed cassette? [Rlinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This begs the question of "why"? You clearly have other bikes that are 11sp, why risk the wear and tear of running your expensive AXS drivetrain on a 11sp cassette?
Quote Reply