Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette
Quote | Reply
SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and Campy 12 Speed Cassette

Has anyone pulled this off yet?

I've got lots of great wheels that are Campagnolo, I want to Switch to the AXS Shifters and derailleurs only.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AXS chain dimensions are different from other 12 speeds per AXS thread, so I don't see why this would work
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use the campy chain, cant be that different
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [MaxApp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What part would be AXS and what would be Campy? If a campy chain is contacting AXS cogs/chainrings/jockeys (or vice versa), you'll have a problem because their shapes won't match up properly
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the spacing will work. AXS shifters and mech with campy chain and cassette should work.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [Bduke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if you put campy pulleys on the AXS derailleur. Different roller diameter of AXS chain means a campy chain won't mate up with the AXS pulleys properly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano Dura Ace crank

Campy cassette

Chain optional

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the same reason that an AXS chain isn't compatible with DA chain ring, a standard chain won't be compatible with AXS pulleys (or cassette or chainring)

Would be interesting if the pulleys can easily be swapped to make the Red AXS RD compatible with other groupsets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaxApp wrote:
Shimano Dura Ace crank

Campy cassette

Chain optional

Thoughts?

Wrong...chains are not optional!

Having said that I believe campy 12s is narrower than others as it is designed to fit on current campy hubs.

I think your spacing will be off vs AXS

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Campy 11sp and Shim/Sram 11sp are interchangeable - they are like 0.1mm different so mixing them still works fine practically.

Campy 12sp fits on existing 10/11sp Campy hubs.
Sram 12 sp fits on the XDr hub, which I understand is still the same width as the normal 11sp hub. They just reduced the spacing between cogs to fit 12 cogs (just like campy).

So, I'm pretty certain that the spacing will be close enough to *work fine, just like the 11sp interchangeability. You may just need to put campy pulleys in the AXS RD so that the chain runs smoothly through the pulleys.

That said, this will be an expensive experiment if it doesn't work! Haha
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frankenstein!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@MaxApp
How did the experiment go? I’m facing a similar choice - except the crankset and chainrings are cannondale Hollowgram.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM 12 AXS With Campagnolo Wheels and 12 Speed Cassette [BPO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't do it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just learned that the AXS FD won't fit a 52-tooth chainring. Best to stay away from this bleeding edge stuff. You're lucky to have avoided it. I've just thrown away $1,400.
Quote Reply