Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM/Quarq 24mm spindles
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice on the sram/quarq website that they are now offering 24mm spindles? Looks like GXP is no longer an option.

If anyone from SRAM, is reading this... thank you! I won't have to change my bb when going from a shimano crank (SRM) to a Quarq.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq 24mm spindles [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure that their crank axles are still GXP or 30mm.

Edit: DUB too.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Aug 18, 20 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Anyone notice on the sram/quarq website that they are now offering 24mm spindles? Looks like GXP is no longer an option.

If anyone from SRAM, is reading this... thank you! I won't have to change my bb when going from a shimano crank (SRM) to a Quarq.

I thought they moved everything to DUB 29mm. And with that, 30mm were no longer available and 24/22mm were a special order.

Where are you seeing 24mm spindles?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq 24mm spindles [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not what I'm seeing on their website. They offer dub (29mm) or 24mm.

Few examples (select configure and buy):

https://www.sram.com/...models/pm-dz-spdr-d1

https://www.sram.com/...models/pm-d4-spdr-d1

https://www.sram.com/...ram/models/pm-red-d1

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you order 24mm, you are going to get GXP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

They've gotten rid of the term GXP and are now using 24mm, though it's exactly the same 24mm tapered to 22mm on the non-drive side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With any luck they will introduce a new standard to keep the Wheels Manufacturing adapter team busy.

Quote Reply
Re: SRAM/Quarq 24mm spindles [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
stevej wrote:

They've gotten rid of the term GXP and are now using 24mm, though it's exactly the same 24mm tapered to 22mm on the non-drive side.

You know, when I first saw 24mm listed, I did think they might still mean GXP. But the more I thought about it, I didn’t think they would make it even more confusing than it already is. So I gave the benefit of the doubt.... shame on me for thinking the bike industry would try to actually streamline something.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha... I think DUB is their effort to streamline, but GXP is there for BB90 basically (and some PF BB86 frames).

The bike industry gets shit on for their lack of uniformity, but they’re far from the only industry, I mean, I have 7 different types of chargers for 7 different Garmins.
Quote Reply