Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
your position needs more work than your shiv. looks like the shiv might be the wrong bike for you.
I wouldn't disagree but I have made it work for now. But this really wasn't a "how's my fit thread", but thx.

Quote | Reply
I was trying to figure out the time difference over 40k which works out to 13 seconds. Car math. My bad.

60 seconds / 180km = .3seconds/km = 3 watts

...Speed Concept is likely faster. I’ll keep my rim brake bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really . Or was that supposed to b pink. I’ve Never sent one in Person myself. And that marketing was based on all IMs not just Kona as far as i recall.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not supposed to be in pink. Unsure why you haven't seen many P5xs. They are all over the place at west coast races.

Slowtwitch just doesn't get it, ultimately. They think these bikes are made for them. They aren't.

The fact that Specialized spent hundreds of thousands and millions? on researching, designing, and building a new tri bike should make everyone cream their pants while we participate in this sport that is dying, but no we as a community feel the need to nitpick the shit out of it. Stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I’m not on the west coast. I completely agree that bikes are not maser for STers, which makes the marketing of Kona racers more bizarre to me. STers, I think, do represent Kona racers fairly well they just don’t represent the masses very well. That’s why I think this marketing seems strange. Personally, I don’t find this bike nearly as offensive as others. But I also have no intention to purchase one.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
WSTers, I think, do represent Kona racers fairly well they just don’t represent the masses very well. That’s why I think this marketing seems strange.

While I agree that at first glance it feels like it should. But next time that Slowman does a "Next wheel purchase poll" compare the results to the Kona bike count. Very very different numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing is ugly! I ride a shiv and I would not ride that thing.
2 things that are dumb a collapsible front end and disk breaks.
The front end on the old shiv have 4 bolts not hard to take apart.
How are you going to refill the hydration in a race behind the seat?
I don’t get it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
The fact that Specialized spent hundreds of thousands and millions? on researching, designing, and building a new tri bike should make everyone cream their pants while we participate in this sport that is dying, but no we as a community feel the need to nitpick the shit out of it. Stupid.

I'm not convinced that I should feel honoured that a company is investing in trying to sell me products for my sport.
And 13K bikes are hardly trying to remove barriers to entry to grow the sport either.
That applies to any company, not just SBC

In the case of this bike - it doesn't fit me and I don't like the complexity so I certainly won't be signing up. I do like the Klein-esque paint job though.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i see you twisting my message.

the fact that specialized even created a new tri bike is pretty great. i'm not gonna buy it, but i am not gonna hate it just because it's expensive and doesn't work for my use case, in theory. many of the people commenting on threads like this are short course athletes. this bike isn't for them either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bike is awesome. I agree with everything you said.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it has plenty of positive attributes. I don't hate on it at all, actually. Having spent time with those guys in that tunnel, I think they are trying to make something unique that is potentially fast.

My only complaint would be cleaning the bottle/tube and I wish those bars with the pivot didn't seem like such an aero compromise.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [MikeAG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are probably right. This is more just my gut based upon nothing more. Regardless, I have long said that STers do not represent the average consumer.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mono stem doesn’t appear to have any tilt, but maybe they’ll have angled risers?

I’m curious to see if Lucy Charles will be able to hit her same mantis position on this bike.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
i see you twisting my message.

the fact that specialized even created a new tri bike is pretty great. i'm not gonna buy it, but i am not gonna hate it just because it's expensive and doesn't work for my use case, in theory. many of the people commenting on threads like this are short course athletes. this bike isn't for them either.

yeah, love that we are seeing companies big and small coming up with innovative new designs for our sport. i won't be buying one but i am happy that they have released it.

this new shiv is like the P5X in that it is not trying so much to be faster (we are in the age of peak aero) as more out of the box optimised so that the mass market consumer (ie the large numbers you need to attract to make a profit) can have a fast setup walking out the shop door rather than spending half their life testing and optimising like some here do.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
The mono stem doesn’t appear to have any tilt, but maybe they’ll have angled risers?

I’m curious to see if Lucy Charles will be able to hit her same mantis position on this bike.

I’m 90% sure it has tilt. It was spec’d on the EU site as having 15 degrees of tilt adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed x2..Not a huge Specialized fan but...how can people here say it’s “slow”...they have their own wind tunnel..R&D I’m sure is a thorough process there..the people here amaze me..
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The people here are probably not as fast as they claim to be. They think every bike has to be designed for them. It’s a joke. The bike is amazing and better than a P5-X. It has everything you need and does it better than any other bike I’ve seen. I can’t wait to see one of these in person.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was curious to see what it looks like without the sail...

Quote | Reply
Im sure they have different sized rear water storage, how will it be for small inseam riders.
For aesthetics id prefer that the rear water tank is in line with the top tube, but that defeats the 1.5ltr capacity.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Im sure they have different sized rear water storage, how will it be for small inseam riders.
For aesthetics id prefer that the rear water tank is in line with the top tube, but that defeats the 1.5ltr capacity.

Agree... I am sure they will have a few different boxes that can go back there.... and agree aligning with the top tube certainly looks a bit more normal.

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
agree aligning with the top tube certainly looks a bit more normal.
Some frame A/B comparisons
here (via Juxtapose link, as apparently we don't do iframes.)

Last edited by: uucee: Oct 8, 18 20:58
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
campled wrote:

Agree... I am sure they will have a few different boxes that can go back there.... and agree aligning with the top tube certainly looks a bit more normal.

That bottle reminds me of the Ventum idea only they shoved it behind the seat tube instead of in front on the top tube. Without it, that is a huge non-aero space between the tail of the seat tube & lead edge of the rear wheel. Wow, until it run through the rigors of trials I best just clam it up and not judge--so...it is an interesting design for sure. We will have to wait for Pubes to pull this one into the tunnel for more testing with some new models.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to my new Shiv arriving in April
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Not supposed to be in pink. Unsure why you haven't seen many P5xs. They are all over the place at west coast races.

Slowtwitch just doesn't get it, ultimately. They think these bikes are made for them. They aren't.

I see P5xs all the time in Arizona. When I rode through Usery pass there was a couple who rode their every Saturday like clockwork..

The Pathetic Triathletes seems to think it's uglier than a fat girl hit by a shovel.

BryanD wrote:
The people here are probably not as fast as they claim to be. They think every bike has to be designed for them. It’s a joke. The bike is amazing and better than a P5-X. It has everything you need and does it better than any other bike I’ve seen. I can’t wait to see one of these in person.

How much are you getting paid to blow that smoke up our butts?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 8, 18 21:52
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the 100th time on here, I don’t get paid by brands. I give my opinions.

Quote Reply

Prev Next