Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized claims that the resulting bike is almost a minute faster than the fastest 2011 Shiv setup possible. But compare it to the average Shiv set up (without the Fuelcell, Slammed bars, cleanest cable routing, and BTA bottle), and the new Shiv is minutes faster around the Kona course.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might be onto something here, but bikerumors say Specialized says this bike is optimized for Kona crosswinds.

If that's indeed so, the fast guys can remain on P5/SC with peace in mind ;) (of course, I'm more from (even if illegal) TTer perspective)

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Last edited by: mrlobber: Oct 8, 18 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should have just made a beam bike with fuselage storage.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Nah...beam bikes are meh....

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And this bike looks like it got hit in the face with a shovel!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

If only someone already thought of that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me a while to find those hidden pictures of the Shiv Disc but i cannot figure out the logic behind the youtube links that specialized gave to bike rumor.
They are called "Shiv 2" and "Shiv 3" and they are not listed (so you cannot find them on youtube when you search it).

But to my knowledge their should be around 5 Videos ( at least "Shiv 1" with the full introduction) would be there.
Is there any Einstein out there who could find those missing videos on youtube??

These are the already known videos (all posted on the 4th Oct)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by: Chris_Mint: Oct 8, 18 11:59
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except for the fact it's a Dimond

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gah...meant fuselage hydration...

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro_Sandbagger wrote:
Yes. However, I don't really see (and I'm no aerodyanmics expert) how having two more vertical bars (i.e. more frontal area) that the air has to wrap around will make it better. Specifically when other manufactueres are trying to reduce the number of solids that the air has to wrap around. Specialized didn't want to jump on that bandwagon and said, "we'll add more!"

Yeah, seems odd to reduce frontal area with a mono-post aerobar riser, then give it all back with that unconventional fork. But Specialized has a wind tunnel and I failed college calculus, so I'm begrudgingly willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Oct 8, 18 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok I found it.
This is the official launch video.
It seems it not to be public yet but enjoy:

Last edited by: Chris_Mint: Oct 8, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Specialized claims that the resulting bike is almost a minute faster than the fastest 2011 Shiv setup possible. But compare it to the average Shiv set up (without the Fuelcell, Slammed bars, cleanest cable routing, and BTA bottle), and the new Shiv is minutes faster around the Kona course.

That works out to ~13watts faster than the old Shiv in it's "fastest" possible configuration. If true, it's ~5 watts faster than the 2nd gen Speed Concept which would be quite impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

If only someone already thought of that.

This thread is about real bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA best comment ever about Dimond!

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

That works out to ~13watts faster than the old Shiv in it's "fastest" possible configuration. If true, it's ~5 watts faster than the 2nd gen Speed Concept which would be quite impressive.

But I don´t really get it. So this is the launch edition bike which will be limited to 500 bikes and they will be delivered by March 2019. But when are the not limited non launching bikes coming? Or are they not coming and this is kind of a prototype.

Specialized is really trying to built up some pressure to make the people buying the bike before there is any test or review on it as they say it will be sold out soon. Are they afraid of people not buying it at all or that they are not buying once they saw a review :)
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's marketing! People want limited editions.

Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the pure hideousness of it

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Dimond is a much nicer bike than this. This Specialized will be slower and is competing with the Ventum for the ugliest available bicycle.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
BryanD wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Dimond is a much nicer bike than this. This Specialized will be slower and is competing with the Ventum for the ugliest available bicycle.

I doubt that.
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Chris_Mint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This probably isn't the one you're after, but I thought maybe worth posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa5p4iJW1Q4

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dimond is the ugliest junk around. And yes, I have ridden one.

Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 8, 18 14:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True QR got me that way. Also that color is expensive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

I doubt that.[/quote]
I don't. But in any case, when someone says "Optimized for Kona conditions", I hear "Not very fast in normal conditions". Perhaps that's unfair. I certainly am way faster on my Dimond than I was on a Speed Concept, which marketed with the same Kona-optimized gimmick.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Not sure I follow your math. If they said the Shiv Disc is ‘almost a minute faster’ over 112 miles the watt savings is going to be much less than 13

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: S-WORKS SHIV DISC 2019 IS HERE [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Not sure I follow your math. If they said the Shiv Disc is ‘almost a minute faster’ over 112 miles the watt savings is going to be much less than 13

Yeah...by the quick ROT of 1s/km ~= 10W, I'm getting more like 3W.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next