Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ryf should have been DQ'd
Quote | Reply
If you look at the front page on ST,, it shows Daniela Ryf running with her jersey unzipped all the way at the 70.3 WC. WTC has that bullshit rule that requires all tops to be zipped above the sternum and no bare midriffs. I actually had a volunteer try to DQ me when my zipper was about 1/2 j ch below my sternum at BSLT in 2017. This angers me, not because Ryf won, but because WTC wants us age groupers to burn our asses off in hot races for a pointless rule, yet they don't enforce it in the athletes that actually matter.

Fuck you WTC! I was already racing as many non-WTC events as I could, but now I will really try to avoid them until you remove that bullshit rule.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you had watched the coverage they made it plenty clear that Ryf had a broken zipper and that the rule you state does not count if equipment is faulty and the suit cannot be done up.

I imagine this also might be mentioned in the article on the front-page.

If it's too hot in a race go ahead and just rip your zipper to break it and bingo... You can run with it open. Bit of a waste of an expensive tri-suit mind.

Blog: http://www.coopstriblog.wordpress.com
Latest blog: Setting Goals. With or Without Gin.
Date: 10/31/2017
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [jac2689] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The broken zipper thing has happened more than once in the pro ranks. Stupid rule, I'm out of WTC events until they fix that one rule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
duplicate thread

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Tri_suit_rules_P6721779/?page=unread#unread

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
If you look at the front page on ST,, it shows Daniela Ryf running with her jersey unzipped all the way at the 70.3 WC. WTC has that bullshit rule that requires all tops to be zipped above the sternum and no bare midriffs. I actually had a volunteer try to DQ me when my zipper was about 1/2 j ch below my sternum at BSLT in 2017. This angers me, not because Ryf won, but because WTC wants us age groupers to burn our asses off in hot races for a pointless rule, yet they don't enforce it in the athletes that actually matter.

Fuck you WTC! I was already racing as many non-WTC events as I could, but now I will really try to avoid them until you remove that bullshit rule.

your mom should have been DQ'd.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
The broken zipper thing has happened more than once in the pro ranks. Stupid rule, I'm out of WTC events until they fix that one rule.

If that's your reason for not competing, I think you've got some mental health issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

If that's your reason for not competing, I think you've got some mental health issues.

I'm fine, I live in California where there are enough other options to give WTC the middle finger. I'm tired of burning up on the run just for the sake of a pointless rule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were watching a Kona reply last week and my wife said "oh look, shouldn't he be penalized or DQ for having his shirt undone?"

Dumb rule.
Enforce the no drafting rules!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:

Thanks for making me laugh over my morning coffee. I think WTC events will be better off without you.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etip wrote:
We were watching a Kona reply last week and my wife said "oh look, shouldn't he be penalized or DQ for having his shirt undone?"

Dumb rule.
Enforce the no drafting rules!

This.

Triathlon is the sport where you get a penalty or dq for minor stuff. But you always get away with drafting.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flappy top creates more drag...would have gone under 4 hours with it zipped.

[pink] she should get an extra medal for pushing through such tough conditions [pink]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"While she was making up time, Ryf struggled with a broken zipper on her tri suit creating sub-par aerodynamics and threatening a one minute stand down penalty if the problem was created on purpose"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

Ohhhhh. Now let's not say anything about someone's mental health. In the AH thread that would be grounds for a riot.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it really make that much of a difference unzipping? Once my suit gets wet, I can't tell much difference between zipped and unzipped.

Complaining is a habit....a bad habit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
Does it really make that much of a difference unzipping? Once my suit gets wet, I can't tell much difference between zipped and unzipped.

Complaining is a habit....a bad habit.

So is self-righteousness.

Unzipped is more comfortable for some of us, whether it's faster or not.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [jac2689] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rule is pretty dumb but having a broken zipper doesn’t matter. We were told at the Steelhead race briefing that if the zipper broke we’d have to find a solution like Jesse Thomas did in whatever that race was where he duct taped his top.

Also, I think Ryf was ok because she had her sports bra. Forgot which pro but they emailed Heather to ask if they could wear an old school only cover the chest top and that was acceptable. So basically don’t show skin around the chest area but stomach is ok.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you and Kiley need to get together. He can help with your moobs and you can help with your brain.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I remember when this happened to Jesse Thomas too

https://www.facebook.com/...from-ironman-703-perú-with-2nd-place-best-bike-split-an/1322414014474269/

So why didn't he just continue with it open if its OK when it is actually broken?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF is wrong with our sport banning cut pro athletes from showing their abs.....this is a stupid rule.

Age groupers need to have a rule to cover up their bodies.....we don't want to see bare chested mamils shuffling in the streets at 13 min miles with their "bros" undone. This is a good rule for age groupers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude.... Relax! Her zipper was broken. Dq'ing her for that would be terrible.

It's a dumb rule but if you want to bow out of WTC racing for that reason it I think you're nuts but have at it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's your final straw? no wonder beer in t3 tastes like shit.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
So I remember when this happened to Jesse Thomas too

https://www.facebook.com/...from-ironman-703-perú-with-2nd-place-best-bike-split-an/1322414014474269/

So why didn't he just continue with it open if its OK when it is actually broken?

The thing is in the heat of the moment you don't have time to really think it out. Jesse opted to take the conservative route and it ended up getting him a bit of extra press as an added benefit but slowed him down. Ryf took the non-conservative route. It would be nice to get some clarity on the rule. IMHO there needs to be greater efforts in general towards real infractions, *intentionally* drafting, doping, and figuring out a way to cover races but not affect the outcomes. Instead of dinging athletes for petty things. However, it is best in society if we lead by example and the pros should be held to a higher standard in general.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously. Grow up.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Age groupers need to have a rule to cover up their bodies.....we don't want to see bare chested mamils shuffling in the streets at 13 min miles with their "bros" undone. This is a good rule for age groupers.

Did you mean to put this in pink? At any race the best body in the race is going to be age grouper not a pro. Towards the back of the race you might have some overweight individuals, but just don’t look at them if you’re offended...

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Dude.... Relax! Her zipper was broken. Dq'ing her for that would be terrible.

It's a dumb rule but if you want to bow out of WTC racing for that reason it I think you're nuts but have at it.

I watch the swim/bike part of the race thru FB feed and I must say that her efforts to zip up her top were little to non-existent!!!

That's what I saw, now I can't confirm that it was broken but I did see pics after the win where she had the "zipper fixed" so believe what you hear from the commentators if you want to... but part of me believes she just did what was faster for at transition and at least it worked for her

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next