Prev Next
Re: Running shoes with cushion and drop [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philarunner wrote:
wannabefaster wrote:
philarunner wrote:
wannabefaster wrote:
philarunner wrote:
I’ve been running in Hokas for about six years. Had some knee issues before and they’ve got me back running consistently. I’ve recently developed some Achilles tendinitis so I want to rotate in shoes with some drop, but I don’t want to lose the cushioning. I’m thinking in the 8-10 mm range.

I’m planning to race mostly on trails, but most of my daily runs are on the road. So I’m looking for road and trail recommendations.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Nike Vomero or Pegasus.

Both are great shoes in their latest iteration. Drop may be more in the 10-12 range, but that should ease the stretch on your achilles.

Three years ago I hadn't run in a Nike for 20 years. Now, I do 90% of my runs in Nike shoes. Amazing how times change.

Yes, Nikes are near the top of my list. Hadn’t considered the Vomero, but had been looking at the Pegasus. Do you run in the regular or turbo? Also, any experience with the Epic React Flyknit?

The Epic React Flyknit is my current favorite shoe. They are fantastic and I look forward to every run in them. I did a fast 8.5 in them tonight. They have amazing “bounce”. I have recommended them to multiple people and I haven’t had one person not love this shoe. Last years version is for sale now at running warehouse if you are interested.

I have not run in the Pegasus Turbo, only the standard Pegasus. I’m generally a cheapskate so I wait for shoes to go I sale and the Turbo hasn’t done that yet (at least that I have found).

How is the durability of the Epic React Flyknit? Also, are you running in the React 2 or the original? There’s a $10 difference for some of the colors on Running Warehouse.

+1 on the Epic React Flyknit!

Lots of soft cushioning, but not overly mushy. Thick rubber at the heel and toe; durability and midsole breakdown have both been very good. It’s the best shoe I’ve ever run in.

The React2 is out, so you can get the 1 for $75-80 online (got mine on eBay). The two are basically the same.

Disclaimer: I work at eBay.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Running shoes with cushion and drop [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running in the original. I’ve found them for $75.

Durability may wind up being an issue with this shoe. I would likely be disappointed if I had paid $150 for them but at $75/pair I will put up with lower durability.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next