Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running in Zwift question (how to see running power)
Quote | Reply
Quick question for those of you that run in Zwift with a power meter. I'm using a Stryd to run in Zwift (on an iPad). I know that the Stryd is sending power data to Zwift, because when the workout is uploaded from Zwift to Strava or TrainingPeaks, the power data is in there. I can't, however, figure out how to see power on the screen while running. Zwift will only show me HR, pace, distance, time, etc. Is there a way to see power on the screen? For now, I'm resorting to also wearing my Garmin 935 to be able to see power.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Zwift question (how to see running power) [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Zwift question (how to see running power) [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
You can't.

Well that's, ummm... lame.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Zwift question (how to see running power) [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
gplama wrote:
You can't.

Well that's, ummm... lame.

What do you expect them to do with running power? It's all over the shop between companies as there's no 'standard' as such. No treadmills have running with power as far as I know? It's early days. I'm also defending something that's not mine. Anyhow. Zwift started here on Slowtwitch. Post up your thoughts of what they should do with it. Be the influence.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Zwift question (how to see running power) [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
What do you expect them to do with running power? It's all over the shop between companies as there's no 'standard' as such. No treadmills have running with power as far as I know? It's early days. I'm also defending something that's not mine. Anyhow. Zwift started here on Slowtwitch. Post up your thoughts of what they should do with it. Be the influence.

I don't expect them to "do" anything with it any more than they do anything with HR data. They just need to show it in the display. They're already getting the data feed from the footpod. The Stryd footpod is their 'recommended' method of connecting to Zwift for running, and has been for as long as there's been a running mode in Zwift, so it's not like the notion of run power is something peripheral to the discussion. For as power-centric as Zwift is for cycling, it's frankly a head-scratcher to me as to why they wouldn't show power in running mode.
Quote Reply