Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers
Quote | Reply
I have had the Runn TM sensor for a few months now for more accurate pacing and for Zwift. I love it and think that its a great product, however the darn stickers that are stuck to the belt come flying off after a few km's...

Does anyone have a work around? I have cleaned the belt and have tried putting small pieces of duct tape on the belt and then placed the stickers on duct tape, but they still fly off....

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RTV. Use some clear version would in essence glue it on but it isn't permanent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve used Locktite superglue to attach the stickers to my treadmill. Have hold up for around 400k now and haven’t got loose.

I live in Denmark, so I don’t know if you can get Locktite in the US. But I’m sure there’s a lot of other superglues on the market :-)

Morten Falk Størling
Blog l Instagram l Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no first hand knowledge, but remember reading in a review somewhere about using whiteout on the belt instead of the stickers.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [theaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theaud wrote:
I have no first hand knowledge, but remember reading in a review somewhere about using whiteout on the belt instead of the stickers.

Solid! Found what you were talking about with the white out on DC Rainmakers website. Looks like North Pole Engineering also suggests to use white out of the stickers don’t work. Will try this first and then glue if the white out does not work.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [theaud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I just used a silver sharpie and that works fine too.

Mark Saroni
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [Mark S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a textured belt (True treadmill) and silver sharpie didn't work. The stickers didn't stick on their own either, but some double sided tape have kept them in place for the past half year.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a textured belt and used white out and it works
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
White paint pen
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
White paint pen

please tell me if i'm wrong, but i think what the RUNN is measuring is the distance it takes for the leading to the trailing edge of the sticker to pass underneath the scanner. am i wrong about that? does it somehow gauge the speed of the belt in some other way, as in, the distance for the leading edge to pass under the scanner? i ask because it seems to me that if the width of the sticker matters then your white out would have to be pretty accurate. i just might have a bad assumption on the tech used.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has two optical sensors and it measures the time it takes the sticker (or white out) to pass from one sensor to the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supersquid wrote:
It has two optical sensors and it measures the time it takes the sticker (or white out) to pass from one sensor to the other.

Not true. or else you would have to very carefully measure each sticker. it is measuring the sticker as it passes under.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
Supersquid wrote:

Not true. or else you would have to very carefully measure each sticker. it is measuring the sticker as it passes under.

Yeah, there's two sensors under the Runn and it measures the time it takes the sticker to pass from one sensor the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyway to calibrate the Runn sensor? Seems to be off quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can via the Configurez app, however, by default the Runn should be accurate. I think there's also an option in Zwift to calibrate your sensor.
Quote Reply
Re: Runn Treadmill Sensor - Stickers [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think so, but I don't own a Runn sensor yet so I don't know much about calibration. I've just been researching it a lot lately because I'm tired of my Stryd always being 10-20 seconds off. Hopefully I get one for xmas.

I did come across this in my research that might help you out: https://www.cake.co/...-of-running-on-zwift
Quote Reply