Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in?
Quote | Reply
i'm going to give it a try. it starts in 12 days (as of this writing). 110 of you are in, as of this first post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in. Haven't joined in the fun for 10 years...last time I did Boston .... Heading back to Boston in April so it will be fun to see how things hold together 10 years and a heel surgery later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't run a mile 3.5 years ago (never did endurance sport, smoked a pack a day for 25 years). Now I'm in, making it part of my build for my first ultra trail run. I am quite pessimistic though about the 30 minute run the day after my 50K.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I doubt I will make all 100/100, but I'll give it a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In!

Maybe this belongs in the airing of the grievances thread, but I was in until Jan 1, when I did my run to the Rose Parade (I live in Pasadena) and then fell on some beer bottles cleaning up after my party, and messed up my knee for a month. Then in February I was back running and broke a toe at the pool when the coach’s dog tripped me.

Hope I have better luck this year.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Guess this means I have lunch plans for the next 4 months...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be my first time after a couple of months on the BarryP plan, looking forward to going for 80+!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've signed up, good luck everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the challenge, my first, but with the knowledge that I KNOW that I will not achieve 100/100. It would not be in any of my training plans at any time as I am a huge believer in listening to my body, so there will certainly come a day when I will need take it off and rest. In fact, my actual training plan has many days 'off' from running built into it, so my expectation is somewhat different. I'd like to run 5x/week, consistently during the entire challenge. That is my goal (70/100).

It will be fun to commiserate with others who are slogging and building the run miles back for a nice base to take into the tri season. I am looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up until I figured out it had to be a 30 min. run to count. I've been running every day for a while, but some days I'll run an hour or more, but other days only 15-20 minutes depending on my schedule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amy keeps signing us up for 5ks. I decided after the last one that 12-14 miles a week on 3 runs was not quite enough for my retired @$$ to run a 19ish minute 5k.

I'm in for the bronze level with my kind of wonky knee.

I'll challenge the handful of athletes that we coach to meet or exceed our bronze (is that 70/100 runs) level commitment.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed in and ready to go

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-JBMarshTX wrote:
Amy keeps signing us up for 5ks. I decided after the last one that 12-14 miles a week on 3 runs was not quite enough for my retired @$$ to run a 19ish minute 5k.

I'm in for the bronze level with my kind of wonky knee.

I'll challenge the handful of athletes that we coach to meet or exceed our bronze (is that 70/100 runs) level commitment.

what happens to me when this challenge comes around on the calendar: my whole approach to running changes. i've had a dodgy knee for 4 years now. didn't run at all for 2.5 of those years. i can run certain things. i can run uphill and downhill. so for a year that's the only running i did. literally, run uphill, between 1,000 and 1,500 vertical feet, then tiptoe downhill. that was my run and i could do this run once or twice a week. that's been it.

lately i've been running flatter terrain. but, still limited to once or twice a week. so far, so good, pretty much. but with only this limited amount of running it's a 90 percent effort.

now, with this challenge, it's, how to get it done? because, i can't run the volume. so, what if i prepare to run the volume? do everything i can to run the volume? volume of sessions, that is.

if i can actually get this done, without injury, that'll be a major step forward.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started 9 weeks ago. December is too late for me to start running a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm going to give it a try. it starts in 12 days (as of this writing). 110 of you are in, as of this first post.

Is Ashley Horner in?
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought she was doing 100 marathons in 100 days in 100 states. Uhmm...I'll get back to you on that
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be a Strava group for this? Perhaps a bit can poll the group weekly to update slow twitch log? Already have 2 logs to maintain
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's capable of being automatically linked to strava, if you give permissions

it's on the signup page at the bottom

edited for links:
to signup to the challenge page
https://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges/list

home page for log-which has a button to 'connect with strava'
https://training.slowtwitch.com/
Last edited by: dtoce: Dec 4, 18 9:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Will there be a Strava group for this? Perhaps a bit can poll the group weekly to update slow twitch log? Already have 2 logs to maintain

read the front page article on the challenge. our training log has 1-button strava sync, all your strava sessions sync back down to our training log, and then the qualifying runs automatically append to the challenge.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:

read the front page article on the challenge. our training log has 1-button strava sync, all your strava sessions sync back down to our training log, and then the qualifying runs automatically append to the challenge.

Well, I figure aside from that a group would be good too, to find local participants you can run with
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Well, I figure aside from that a group would be good too, to find local participants you can run with

one group i'll be running with is the runners who join us on our weekly slowtwitch zwift run events. which there are none of yet. but, that's going to change very shortly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, the last five years I've said I would do this and never do.

Fuck it, if you're in, I'm in.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Run 100 times in 100 days. So... who's in? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
You know, the last five years I've said I would do this and never do.

Fuck it, if you're in, I'm in.

that's the spirit!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You realize I'm going to hold you to this in Tempe, right?

And if I don't, Karen and Kelly will.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like a Christmas time eggnog habit, I'm in.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply

Prev Next