Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project Sale
Quote | Reply
Just noticed Rudy Project has a Easter sale going on right now for 20% off.

I am new to triathlons so not familiar with this company. I really like there helmets but not sure what I want to go with now.

Does Rudy Project have sales like this for other holidays like 4th of July or is this a rare occasion?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sale [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:

I am new to triathlons so not familiar with this company. I really like there helmets but not sure what I want to go with now.

Does Rudy Project have sales like this for other holidays like 4th of July or is this a rare occasion?

Thanks.

20% off at Rudy Project is not a sale :-). They have these "sales" all the time. Plus, it's relatively easy to find much deeper discounts through race directors and other means. I don't think anyone every pays list price for Rp stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their helmets are fairly slow as well. I have heard good things about the glasses though. Regardless, they have this all of the time. FYI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's always a Rudy Project sale.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RP has sales regularly. Great products at affordable prices. The new Volantis aero road helmet is fantastic.
Sam

SoonerBorn wrote:

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sale [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
companies that do that really irritate me. it's never a real sale so you end up feeling like a full if you happen to buy it on the one day they don't have a sale. lynskey bikes does this too. Nice bikes but every week it's a 15% off and then next week maybe it's 15% road bikes. you never get a sense for when their "real" sales are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like others have mentioned, I am not even sure that a 60% off sale is a sale. With that being said, the helmet that tests the fastest on the most people, and would likely be the fastest helmet for you is the Giro Aerohead. At an MSRP of $249 I consider it to be a great value - I think Giro could have charged more. I have paid for more for slower helmets. A lot of aerodynamic thinking and planning went into this helmet.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a perpetual sale of some kind... sometimes down into 50-60%, especially at events where they have a booth. Years ago they gave away free helmets at Kona to the athletes.

I digress their helmets don't tend to test the fastest... I'd suggest the same one TG mentioned the Giro Aerohead or the LG P-09 if you're looking for a Triathlon specific helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sale [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you like about the Volantis? I’m tossing around the idea of getting one because I like the visor option and it seems like it has a decent aero/vented balance.

Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Sale [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend has one, and I'd be surprised if it was a particularly fast helmet, especially if your head sticks up at all. It's super rounded
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for passing this along. I just got a Boost 01 and while I got a better discount than 20%, I've been looking for a deal on this helmet for awhile.
Missed the vendor sale at Augusta - didn't have the color combo I wanted anyway.

They seem to have discounts all of the time, but on certain versions etc.

Apparently it's a slow helmet, but fits me better than the giro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20% off is for their sponsored athletes.

60% off is for everyone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:
What do you like about the Volantis? I’m tossing around the idea of getting one because I like the visor option and it seems like it has a decent aero/vented balance.

It is a very comfy helmet to wear and less bulky than the RP Boost 01. Like you say: nice aero/vented balance.
Very affordable as well. The feedback from RP pro riders also has been very positive.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post gives some more insight in the RP line-up: https://www.rudyproject.com/...lmet-technology.html
Sam
Quote Reply