Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rubber band trick + P2C cutout = strange problem today
Quote | Reply
I post this so perhaps someone can learn from my errors..... Had a 20k bike leg of a sprint triathlon, and immediately out of T1 I hear a pretty awful squealing. I could not figure out where it was coming from and really didn't want to stop, so I continued on with the squeal, thinking it would quit (it didn't). After the race I found out what happened. I use the rubber band trick to hold my shoes in position on the bike for a quick transition. One of the rubber bands was hooked the front derailleur, and somehow pulled the cable end cap in between the wheel cutout on the P2C and the tire, where it remained for 20k of biking. It looks like the end cap has been in a grinder. Thankfully there was no bike damage (unless you count the cable cap), and although a groove was worn into my brand new tires, they don't look too badly damaged. Unfortunately I missed an age group win by <40 seconds though......

I guess my lesson learned was, secure down the end of that cable, and I should have taken the time to stop and figure out what was squealing.
Quote Reply