Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rouvy and structured workouts
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of trying Rouvy. Does it support structured workouts ala Zwift? Or do I have to use my Garmin to control my trainer? Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and structured workouts [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes - there is a "workouts" module with lots of different types of workouts to chose from, or you can create your own. Most are based around % FTP for each segment. Works fine. Controls the trainer in ERG mode. Can either enter your FTP or select FTP test from the menu and save the result.

i don't know if it is "ala zwift" as i haven't used Zwift in workout mode.

Even has the ability to slow down time when doing hard reps whether you want it or not. - so you get the maximum benefit
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and structured workouts [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok i guess no integration with the training peaks calendar where you build a workout?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With over 4000 workouts to choose from, I've always found the workout I've wanted to do when I want to do it. But while I don't use Training Peaks, they are a partner with Rouvy. From the Rouvy website: "Just like TrainingPeaks, Rouvy uses 7 Training Zones for Heart Rate and Power segments. We’ve made it easy to automatically sync both your TP account with Rouvy. After a one time setup linking your accounts, your training activities data will instantly upload on both TP and Rouvy to allow you instant analysis of your workout or ride."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have explained, Rouvy is very adept at doing what you want. It has its roots in exactly that (Back when it was called Virtual Training).

However, if that's what you are looking for, and you're not interested in the AR courses, save yourself some money and download Golden Cheetah. It's free and much better at the pure training thing.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rouvy actually does integrate with the TrainingPeaks platform. My trainer works with TP and if I do an indoor session, it's very easy to load the workout and get going. Furthermore the workout creator is very easy to use and offers functionality to create and save building blocks you can use in any new session you create.

Best regards,
Peter

Dutch, tall (6ft 7"), Felt IA16, Storck Visioner CSL
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and structured workouts [ptrbssr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice i will try it tomorrow

Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and structured workouts [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rouvy AR on Apple TV doesn't have the workouts options, right?

I can't seem to find it and there isn't a Rouvy Workouts app on Apple TV.

Am I missing something?
Quote Reply