Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rouvy Augmented Routes - Those annoying road sign popups
Quote | Reply
I was a pre-Zwift CVT user so its been awhile. I recently received a 60 day trial code and checked out the AR routes. For the love of god, is there any way to disable those annoying grade change road sign popups? The AR (ghost) riders are pretty herky jerky and the segment banners float around a bit. But, riding a real world video route again was kind of nice.

Cheers,

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy Augmented Routes - Those annoying road sign popups [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well one way to avoid them is to NOT ride an AR course. I'm new to Rouvy this week myself as a result of the 60 day trial. In fact I was able to stack 3 trials I received through 3 different emails and get 194 days, including the nominal 14 day trial Rouvy gives you. I'm still learning the software. I don't care for the minimal data that is shown. As a PerfPro user, I'm used to instantaneous and average numbers. I know Rouvy has a Stats page, but it also blocks and dims the video. Need to figure out if there is a way to get the data distributed somewhere on the screen that doesn't kill the video. But to your original comment, I too found the signs bothersome. I've avoided the AR videos since. Search the ST front page for Rouvy. There are 3 articles that explain the software a bit. I believe article #2 mentions you can turn it off, but doesn't go into the details. Actually, the same switch might also solve my need for data. Look about midway through the article.

I wanna go fast!
Last edited by: ironmanatee: Mar 14, 19 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy Augmented Routes - Those annoying road sign popups [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Rouvy since it was called Virtual Training. The AR courses are much improved from when they were first turned on in October, so they should get better yet as they tweak the UI.

As for your specific concerns, if the AR riders are "jerky" you have a bandwidth or video card problem. The grade signs will be in the middle of the road at times, but I don't see it as a big deal. As the poster above said, if it bothers you ride a standard course. Same video experience, just no one out there to ride with, and no grade or way point markers.

Also remember, you are getting all that for $12 a month, and that cost allows a second "family member" to ride for free. If you are a husband and wife team like us you can't beat the cost.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply