Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Routes near Ventura CA?
Quote | Reply
Planning a short camp in Ventura in a few weeks. Any suggestions for bike routes that start nearby?
Quote Reply
Re: Routes near Ventura CA? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Head up to Ojai if you want climbs. Head east to Santa Monicas if you want more climbing. Stick to Oxnard/Camarillo for flats. if you look at my Strava feed from last summer, you should find a ton of rides that will intersect Ventura-area, and you'd just start at what it mid-point of my ride.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to live in Ventura. Lots of great cycling in the area.

Ride up the bike trial beside the PCH towards Santa Barbara and do a loop around Casitas. If you want some extra miles, ride along the 192 to Park ln and then follow east mountain road towards Gibralter. I usually take the 192 back because its a nice route but you can go down to the Santa Barbara and take the PCH home.

If you can venture eastbound towards Westlake do so. Rock Store, Latigo, Deckar, Piuma, Tuna, and Yerba are some of the most fun climbs/descents in the area. Piuma > Saddle Peak road > Tuna canyon descent is my favorite road that I've ever ridden.

You are in for a treat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club, Rincon Tri Club, has rides on Saturday mornings.
Let me know if you are interested.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply