Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set ?s BCD & 54/34 OR?
Quote | Reply
I purchased a used Speed Concept with Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set.

The big ring: 130BCD Q54 (42/44) 11S
The inner ring: Q42 130BCD 11S
back gearing: 11-28

I am doing Coeur D'alene in five weeks...& I think I need a smaller front inner ring.

I founded Rotor Q-Rings of eBay
50/34 Oval Aluminum 11s Road Bike 110BCD

????s
I a NOT bike savvy, and really don't know shit-about-shit).
  1. What is BCD?
  2. Will the 110BCD inner ring be compatible with what my current 130BCD?
  3. Should I swap BOTH and go with 50/34
  4. Should I swap just inner ring and go with 54/34
  5. OR???

Thanks for your assistance .

-Tom
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set ?s BCD & 54/34 OR? [iwas9409] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Rotor rings on my bikes and have done for years. I currently run a 54/39 on my tri bike and 39 is the smallest ring you can run with a 54 ring. I think a maximum difference of about 13-14 is what they recommend but the 39 still works fine.

BCD is the diameter of the bolts mounting your chainring and if you have 130 BCD you are stuck with going 39 as the smallest Rotor ring you can run on your cranks. If you want a smaller inner ring and to run 110 BCD you will need new cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set ?s BCD & 54/34 OR? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I use Rotor rings on my bikes and have done for years. I currently run a 54/39 on my tri bike and 39 is the smallest ring you can run with a 54 ring. I think a maximum difference of about 13-14 is what they recommend but the 39 still works fine.

BCD is the diameter of the bolts mounting your chainring and if you have 130 BCD you are stuck with going 39 as the smallest Rotor ring you can run on your cranks. If you want a smaller inner ring and to run 110 BCD you will need new cranks.

PERFECT RESPONSE!!!...

BCD = Bolt Circle Diameter

I am on the hunt for a 130BCD....39 Teeth

thanks Shambolic!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set ?s BCD & 54/34 OR? [iwas9409] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. Happy to be of service...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His answer was good.

A cassette is a 2min swap job. So usually a place to start to improve gear range.

What rear derailleur model is yours?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Q-Rings front chainring set ?s BCD & 54/34 OR? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

What rear derailleur model is yours?

rear is 11-28.

i am going to swap out my front inner to a 39 (from a 42).

SO I will have FRONT: 54-39 & BACK: 11-28.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Rotor cranks rings on all of my bikes, and have for years. You may run into an upshift issue if you go with a 54/39 combo. That's a 15 tooth difference jump, and you may have some pick-up problems when going into the big ring. I say "may", not 100% sure. I run a 53/39 on one bike, and a 52/36 on another. Both work fine for me, but I don't ride them much except for races, so the big ring pick-up pins are still quite sharp. Look at the big ring pick-up pins and see if the shoulders appear to be rounded down and not crisp 90degree angles. Just a suggestion.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply