Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor ALDHU24 Compatibility
Quote | Reply
Hoping someone will help me think through specifics.

I have a Liv Avow Advanced Pro (essentially Giant Trinity). Looking to get a set of shorter cranks and bring them with me to the fitter this weekend (I live three hours from the closest competent fitter so wanna just come home with a dialed bike).

It has a DA BB86 bottom bracket to run Ultegra crankset (24mm spindle). I read something about the clearance of regular 30mm spindles not playing nicely with 86mm BB's. So, looking at the Rotor ALDHU24. Is this a correct assumption?

ALDHU cranks-can you use non-Rotor chainrings on them? I know the DM spider is proprietary, but have a few sets of chainrings sitting around that I would prefer to use before dropping $240 on Rotor rings.

Any help is appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor ALDHU24 Compatibility [fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes u can use other, you only need an the rotor adapter 110x5

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Mar 7, 19 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor ALDHU24 Compatibility [fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you go with the aldhu for your live avow? I was considering switching to a 155 mm crankset for my liv avow.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor ALDHU24 Compatibility [navybeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you've got a BB86, yeah don't put anything with 30 on the bike as it is a durability concern. The bearing is too small to survive torture. If you're smaller and willing to replace the bearings seasonally, you can get away with it. There are two basic sizes of cranks 30 (bb30, pf30, etc) and 24 (Shimano, BB86, Sram GXP), plus a few odd balls (Sram Dub). Sram Dub (29), Sram GXP (24/22), or Shimano (24) standards work fine in your bike. Sram GXP might also be a good way to go here and more economical than the Rotor.

That Rotor piece is a good flexible unit, but I'm not sure about rotors direct mount (spiderless) rings as far as selection goes. Sram Direct Mount is the way to go for selection and price; Rotor for minute adjustability. I'd pass on the minute adjustability. With the spiders, they've got two - 4-bolt pattern, it is likely the same as Shimano (I believe it is based on this - https://www.bike-discount.de/...s-4-arm-110mm-691172 ), it may not be. The 110 x 5 spider is a common size. If the 4-bolt pattern is the same as Shimano, that would be a good option and you could use your current chainrings, saving $100.

You might consider this https://power2max.cc/...ion-24mm-with-cranks if you have your wallet open. You're looking at $~350-450 for the Crank as is.
Last edited by: jfranci3: Apr 30, 20 7:55
Quote Reply