Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor 1x
Quote | Reply
Rotor makes a 1x ring, narrrow wide. Has anybody in ST land used it yet? Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I have for about 2 years. I have really liked it. Only had a couple times I dropped the chain. Had some links removed and I was good from then on. I haven't used any other 1X systems. I race in the flat lands of Houston but do Buffalo Springs 70.3 each year so I get a few short hills with it each year.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x [trifit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You using the narrow/wide ring or just a regular rotor ring?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Rotor makes a 1x ring, narrrow wide. Has anybody in ST land used it yet? Any thoughts?

I race there single narrow wide on my CX bike. Love it. Only issues occurred when I had the wrong chain length

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What have you learned about the correct chain length?

I'm putting on a 36t 1x narrow wide chainring on my wife's 3D+ crank/bike (This chain ring size is suitable for her as she rarely rides above 20km/h). I have her chain length currently set to a 2x 50/34 crank with 12-28 cassette, and I'm curious as to what changes to chain length I should make.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 1x [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
DBF wrote:

I race there single narrow wide on my CX bike. Love it. Only issues occurred when I had the wrong chain length

Same. If the chain is a little long (like two links), there's some sort of combination of the non-round shape, tooth profiling, or chain angle where I found the Rotor QX1 (in a 40 tooth) to lose the chain a few times in the 11 tooth. Bumpy ground, higher speed....drop. The exact same chain, chain length, cassette, bike, etc. with the 42 tooth SRAM CX1 ring has never dropped in thousands of gravel miles. I used that same QX1 ring with the shortest chain I could for two CX seasons and didn't have a single drop, no matter how hard I tried though.

Also had really good luck with the Absolute Black 38 tooth oval.
Quote Reply