Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Roll Call: Vineman 70.3
Quote | Reply
Well, its getting close. I expect it to be another great race since Dave L. and Russ do a great job. I am going to get to start in the middle of the swim waves this years, rather than the last like last year. Hope this means it will be a little cooler when I hit the run.

Will be nice having registration and T2 at the same location.

I will be staying in the motor home parked next to the church at the swim start again.

Look forward to seeing folks there.

Cathy, any planned get together like you did last year?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in...coming from The Woodlands, TX. Arrive Thurs AM, staying at my father in law's place somewhere on the run course. Getting together for a dinner with ST'ers would be great. How about a swim/ride/run on Fri??
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [watson79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out. Battling through some quad issues. Hoping to make Big Kahuna in Santa Cruz in September.

I think Hinds and Piper are in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish I could say the weather will be cooler. It has been HOT!! Be prepared for a no wetsuit swim since we dont know until the day of the race which way it will go. Since I am a 4 hour drive away, I wont get to the school until Sat around 1. Want to make the first race meeting. I will have my standard flower at my T2 bike location. I will be a tall skinny guy walking around with a gillians hat. Hope to see ya.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [geckodupuis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you are hurt. Sure looks like the race will be a killer one for all the Pros who are coming. Kudos to Dave L. and Russ for providing such a great race to attrack them.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of the locals won't be coming up until Saturday. No way am I fighting Friday afternoon/evening traffic.

We can meet at reg. on Saturday. I'll probably do a short ride early afternoon.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, well at least for the swim and bike. I'm having achilles issues and haven't been able to run in a week. I would like to head up pretty early on Sat, but I will have the husband, 3 year old and puppy in tow, so I don't know what time we'll actually make it up. We are staying at the Best Western Garden Inn. I'm probably planning to go no westuit anways. We'll see how my swim goes at Catfish on Sunday. If I do ok without my wetsuit then I probably won't use it no matter what the rule. I hate being hot in a wetsuit
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [yelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, see you there.

As long as the water is under 78, I have had no issues in my long suit. (Guess I dont swim that hard, yet). The only other reason I would rather use it is when I get rough water in the swim, it saves my butt when I freak out.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boy do I agree. I would love to come to the Friday evening get together with some Pros, but as you stated, the traffic will be a mess, and I cant get away earlier enough to make it in time.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there with a small contingent from UC Davis. I'm just hoping my 2nd half will be a bit easier than my first (Auburn).
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [scottf2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott, with your great race at Auburn, Vineman will look and feel easy!!!! See you there.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Mostly race prep for IM Moo but I've had some good races at 1/2 Vineman in the past. I'll be up there Saturday afternoon sometime.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there, lurking around every corner. Hiding in every bush

Fear the BonkMonkey
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [BonkMonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Hoping for 5 less flats than last year =)

78 is when no one is allowed to wear a suit but 74 is the cutoff to stay eligible for award sor something right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we've got three of us coming out from Hawaii. Hmm, possible no wetsuit swim, good to know!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [jw2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
78, wetsuits, and awards are all together. Above 78, you can wear a wetsuit, but no awards. Above 84, no wetsuits period.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supposed to be 114 in Sac on Sat. I have to race in west sac sat. Looks like the forecast cools down for next week so we may have a perfect day, and wetsuits. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [jw2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

78 is when no one is allowed to wear a suit but 74 is the cutoff to stay eligible for award sor something right?

I believe it is 78 and 84 degree cutoffs.

I'll be there, coming up from SD on Saturday. Any other Tri-Club members making the trip? Also any TCSD members warming up this weekend with the club race?

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [Recall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in San Diego, but not a tri club member! :) I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAMN 114! and I'm starting in like the very last wave! Definitely NOT wearing my team issue skinsuit, going for the ALL white (top only of course) Desoto... and hat for sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tai it won't be that hot, I promise! I've done Vineman the last 10 years and it's hit 100 maybe once!! It's normally high 80's! Not to bad and no humidity like Hawaii!!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Vineman 70.3 [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn I like humidity:) Did Xterra Temecula last year and my throat was sooooooo dry the entire race. Looking forward to Vineman, sounds like a super cool race. Crazy as at my masters workouts every time (okay 3 times so far) I mention that I'm doing Half Vineman, the person I mention it too is like "hey I did that race before!" Very weird being way out here in Hawaii.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My response died.

This weekend is the killer heat. 114 in Sac, 108 in auburn. (I race the west sac tri on Sat :o( )

Next weekend, the vineman race weekend, is supposed to cool down. But, depending on how hot the water gets this week, and how much if any fog next week, who knows what the water temp will be.

It may not have been 100 with I finished vineman last year, but at 3 when I finished, it was WAY TOO HOT!! (And in may have only been the low 90's)

Assume it will be hot, and no wet suit. Then no matter what happens, you are mentally prepared for the worst. But again, forecast says atleast a 10 degree cool down but we all know how good 10 day forecasts are.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats humidity? We only have dry heat in Calif. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, it will be what it will be. And will be the same for everyone. As Gordo says, JFRace.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next