Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Maverick Pro ll vs Maverick X
Quote | Reply
I haven’t seen any proof that getting a new bike will save any time over the older P2 I have so have decide to try a new wesuit

Anyone have both and recommend one or the other?

The extra $ is not that important as I am not spending $5K + on a new bike

I have already done the following
fit session to work on bike position
- aero helmet
- aero wheels
- disc wheel or wheel cover
- proper fitting skinsuit
- high end tires and latex tubes

Yes I am trying to buy speed but also training smarter and harder.

It is not a one or the other
Last edited by: RBR: Aug 2, 18 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Pro ll vs Maverick X [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the first generation Maverick X and the Pro II.

Eyes closed, I am not sure I could differentiate. On the clock, I can differentiate. The inner straps that are supposed to give the X a better ability to transfer power fell apart in three weeks. They either did their job so well that I broke them, or they really do not do anything, as I did not notice a difference. The overall quality of Roka suits, however, is top notch and this is not a complaint about the product.

As an opinion, the Maverick X is just that bit more flexible and supple in the shoulders and all around. If money is not an issue and you appreciate the last nth of perfection, the X is where it's at. If you just want an amazing suit that is super comfortable and fast, the Pro, or probably even the model below it, is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this isn't the subject of the post but if you are trying to increase your speed look at the place where you can get the most bang for the buck. Usually that is bike or the run, so ask your coach if you have one. You might be better off having some individual instruction on your swimming and keeping the 200 dollars for that, or getting a bike trainer and using that over the winter etc. I think you get the point....I a lot of Roka gear (have the Maverick II) and right now I haven't seen any difference between my two year old Zone 3 Vanquish. The jury is still out on the Roka wetsuit (which I agree is high quality) but if I had 200 dollars to spend it wouldn't be on a wetsuit which may add what one minute under the best case scenario. I would suggest you work on your engine and then if you get to the pointy end of the spear then spend on that. Good luck!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Pro ll vs Maverick X [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
I have the first generation Maverick X and the Pro II.

Eyes closed, I am not sure I could differentiate. On the clock, I can differentiate. The inner straps that are supposed to give the X a better ability to transfer power fell apart in three weeks. They either did their job so well that I broke them, or they really do not do anything, as I did not notice a difference. The overall quality of Roka suits, however, is top notch and this is not a complaint about the product.

As an opinion, the Maverick X is just that bit more flexible and supple in the shoulders and all around. If money is not an issue and you appreciate the last nth of perfection, the X is where it's at. If you just want an amazing suit that is super comfortable and fast, the Pro, or probably even the model below it, is great.

Thank you.

You said you can differentiate on the clock

Which one is faster and by how much please?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you do some google searches for wetsuit testing, etc., you'll likely find that it almost always boils down to which suit fits best. A $1000 Helix is gonna be slow if it doesn't fit right... I tried a bunch of high end suits and ended up back with DeSoto just because it fit right.

You're trying to buy speed. If you haven't already done these...
- fit session to work on bike position
- aero helmet
- aero wheels
- wax chain
etc
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Pro ll vs Maverick X [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I think if you do some google searches for wetsuit testing, etc., you'll likely find that it almost always boils down to which suit fits best. A $1000 Helix is gonna be slow if it doesn't fit right... I tried a bunch of high end suits and ended up back with DeSoto just because it fit right.

You're trying to buy speed. If you haven't already done these...
- fit session to work on bike position
- aero helmet
- aero wheels
- wax chain
etc

Thank you

Yes I have done all those except wax the chain.

I have the fastest desoto. Have been using desoto brand for many years.

You are right I’m trying to buy speed

It isn’t an either or. It is a both Training smarter and better AND buying speed
Last edited by: RBR: Aug 2, 18 4:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you are in the same boat as me in that regard. :)
I tried replacing my DeSoto a few times over the past two years, thinking the newer designs must be faster. I tried a helix, Maverick Pro, Vanquish and Huub Archimedes.... All great wetsuits, but even when taking 10+ minutes to put on and pull up properly, none had the freedom in the shoulders that I feel with the DeSoto.

Other than the wax from a bottle (Premier), I haven't waxed either. Just ordered some Molten wax and powder a few days ago. I'm not expecting any noticeable gain (I can't detect a watt!), but I like to tinker...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
I haven’t seen any proof that getting a new bike will save any time over the older P2

Interesting premise to start your thread about wetsuits.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 2, 18 5:59
Quote Reply