Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Maverick Comp II VS maverick pro II VS Huub archimedes 4 (3:5) VS Huub Varman
Quote | Reply
Hi there
Next year I will do my first IronMan 70.3, therefore I need to buy a wetsuit. Because af black friday tomorrow I Interested In one of following wetsuits.

• Roka Maverick Comp II VS
  • Roka Maverick pro II
  • Huub archimedes 4 (3:5)
  • Huub varman

can someone help me decide? Anyone have experience with those wetsuits?

Thank you in advance

Dennis
Last edited by: DennisCelen: Nov 21, 20 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Comp II VS maverick pro II VS Huub archimedes 4 (3:5) VS Huub Varman [DennisCelen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody that can help me?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Comp II VS maverick pro II VS Huub archimedes 4 (3:5) VS Huub Varman [DennisCelen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DennisCelen wrote:
Nobody that can help me?

well it depends on many things
what do you want
what body shape are you where are you based usa vs europe.

so from your choice it is clear your want a suite that has loads of hip and leg lift all 4 are good for this.
if you are in europe the varman and the comp are the same price . the varman is the better suit the roka suit is the more robust suit. for myself the cut of roka is better so its hard to say. which of the 2 would be faster
i would say varman and pro aobut the same for me as roka fits better the varman likley a bit better lift .
so for me as a long upperbody athlete in the us i guess i would go for the roka pro in europe i would likely go for the varman.
and to be honest for the comp is hardly slower than the pro apart from getting out of it. iam not that concern ed about flexililty and roka cut fits me so well that even a comp feels very good. so including transition for me the difference for a half would be max 20 sec. if you only have one suit the comp much likly last longer.
so if the fit is right the comp is v good the pro is more forgiving as a bit more flexible but if this flexibility makes it you lose it could be slower than the comp
cant tell you much about the 4 my guess would its could be a tiny bit more flexible in the shoulder and a tiny bit less leg lift than the varman .
at the end if it was me i would order a varman and a pro if you want more flex in shoulder or want to save 15 sec over an half or the comp if you only have one suit and then keep the one that tests faster in the water .
for all the other 3 suits you want to have a training neoprene as they are to fragile for all season training.

also sizing in europe some roka pro siszes not available
Last edited by: pk: Nov 21, 20 11:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have a Huub Archimedes 3 (3:5) full suit and think very, very, highly of it.

Fyi, I have used QR and Xtera wetsuits.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DennisCelen wrote:
Hi there
Next year I will do my first IronMan 70.3, therefore I need to buy a wetsuit. Because af black friday tomorrow I Interested In one of following wetsuits.

• Roka Maverick Comp II VS
  • Roka Maverick pro II
  • Huub archimedes 4 (3:5)
  • Huub varman

can someone help me decide? Anyone have experience with those wetsuits?

Thank you in advance

Dennis

Only way is for YOU to try them

ROKA has a very liberal try and return policy

With prices so low I would try the Maverick X
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The maverick is dope but gives me really bad chaffing on the back of my neck (despite bodyglide or chamois cream or putting a towel between my skin and the wetsuit).
Bought at black friday last year. Clearly the best wetsuit I ever had.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Maverick Comp II VS maverick pro II VS Huub archimedes 4 (3:5) VS Huub Varman [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too am considering a new wetsuit. Max leg and rump lift with max shoulder flexibility so I can really turn the stroke over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've 2 Huub Aegis suits, one 2 years old, one thermal one 6 months old, a really really old Zoot I got second hand I use for training, and some old 2XU and Orca suits from when I started out racing 20 years ago.

I've changed shape over the years (and before you say it then no, I've got smaller). But, I'll be honest I've never really felt like any of the makes / suits have ever been a 'wow' fit. And none have resulted in any noticable difference between my swim speeds when I've swapped over.

The Huubs feel nice, but they are bloody fragile. Look at them with a scowl and the things get a nick in them. That's pretty consistent across all our squad. Also, the breakaway zip is possibly the most frustrating 'feature' that anyone has ever added to any product, to the point that you feel its an april fools joke merged with industrial sabotage. Half the time you forget to click the bottom in before you put it on, so then you either need help from a second person or you need to take off. Then once you get the thing on if you pull the zip slightly too hard, the thing comes off and you need to start again. However, in races I've yet to get the sodding thing to break away, and so I end up unzipping, which works fine. Just as every other suit.

The biggest difference in suits is the huubs high neck. I personally like that and don't get chaffing. However there are several people in the squad that have a nightmare and so use a tube of lube, strips of tape and all sorts but still come out looking like they've gone 10 rounds with a belt sander.
Quote Reply